Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea where it went. I was in the process of moving everything to one I bought last year at Gander and went out in the garage and its missing. I doubt anyone broke in but if they did, well...karma will strike.

Anyone know any sales on new tackle boxes in the area?

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've been looking for a good tackle box for my ice fishing lures. Tired of them getting beat up from the trips out on the Bay.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I read a tip on this site a few years ago about using those plastic Plano pistol cases for ice lures. No rust/paint chips/dings since. Before I put stuff up for the summer I always bring the cases in the house and leave them open over night to make sure they are nice and dry inside and that's about it. They really work well, and I think they were something like $7 each. The only downside is the extra space you use to pack your lures since keeping lures spread out means using several boxes...

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I just got a Plano spoon box,it has foam slots to hold your spoons so they don't bounce around.Got it from Cabelas.
I just saw those online somewhere; pretty slick.

I made my own with 2 of the 3 plastic boxes in my soft side tackle box. I had some blue styrofoam insulation panels in the garage and just cut them to size, cut some slits for the lures, and.........voila. Same thing.

They hold the lures tight and should add years to the life of the finish.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I also just starting using a pistol case and it work great!
Got it a dunham's for about $9. I have about 20+ lures in it.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I also just starting using a pistol case and it work great!
Got it a dunham's for about $9. I have about 20+ lures in it.
Come on Todd only 20 lures you spent too much on that new shanty if thats all you have. Or is that because Jacob has all of the best ones in his box?:lol::lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts