518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we went out on tawas bay and did alright. we got

2 drake redheads (one mounter)(firsts):woohoo1:
1 buffie
1 b-bill
2 mallards
6 target practices (mergansers) :lol:

And we missed alot because we were set up as a island and the ducked came from no where and pilled in and took us by suprise!!!

Over all it was a good dAY!!!!​

·
Registered
258 Posts
Don't kill :bash: what you wont eat !
Shoot trap and buy chicken !!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
kinda funny post. not too long ago, alot of you got worked up over some geese being dumped. But its OK to kill mergies for practice?? Cause you can? :lol: I kill them, but they all get ground with the rest of the nasty tasting fowl, like geese, and then they become edible.

·
Registered
485 Posts
hey steelslinger, why you yelling at me?? I dont yell at my kids for not liking brussel sprouts :lol: I even steam them and pour melted velveta cheese over them :p they sure will lick the cheese off them though. Cause i think a 10 yearold honker doesnt taste great unless its ground or smoked, doesnt mean I dont eat/shoot a bunch. Guess I should never take a whole deer in and tell them "burger it all" To each is own. Is there a waste in that?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
sprigdog said:
Cause i think a 10 yearold honker doesnt taste great unless its ground or smoked, doesnt mean I dont eat/shoot a bunch.
You sure like the ones that still got yoke on the beak :lol:

·
Registered
485 Posts
the ones with yoke on the beak are TASTY :lol: gotta love the Sept season

youngun7: you might want to edit your post about using them for trapping bait, i dont think the feds or the CO's would appreciate you using a migratory/regulated species as bait. Just my .02

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry, I just had some really good goose the night before. Try the recipe page for nitro 2's jalepeno and bacon. It is good stuff, even with the "aged birds"

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for telling me i wasnt paying attention to what i was saying:smile-mad:banghead3

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey young Gun,

Were you and your Dad out on the T Bay scouting a couple weekends ago and encounter three half frozen duckers just coming off the bay behind the police post? If so you guys were going out the next day. Do any good? I also live in the West Branch area. Know why the ducks are all gone? I got em all!!!! Cause I am the DukSlaminFool!!

:lol:

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey duck slamminfool,

i dont think i was that person but i am from west branch maybe some time we should get together to go huntin!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts