Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Very sorry for your loss Brien. I know it's weird but I think about that day almost every time I pet my 5 year old bird dog thinking that it will better prepare me for the day, but I know it won't. Nothing does. Even when they live to old age, they're never with us long enough. Just know you gave her the best life, and she returned the favor with the memories and love--and nothing can take those things away, they live on forever that way.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sorry to hear, I'm sure she will be missed

Reactions: Brien maeder

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very sorry for your loss Brien. I know it's weird but I think about that day almost every time I pet my 5 year old bird dog thinking that it will better prepare me for the day, but I know it won't. Nothing does. Even when they live to old age, they're never with us long enough. Just know you gave her the best life, and she returned the favor with the memories and love--and nothing can take those things away, they live on forever that way.
I'll be at that tree every year for the opener that's the spot she pointed my banded woodcock forever the holy grail

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
The dog owners/people of all types go through this life span repeating the same ride over and over again so to speak.But I have noticed in my years that everytime a new dog comes in they get revered,cherished, and spoiled a little more than the last one.
I imagine pretty soon they will have their own chair and bedroom at my place.Maybe add a back room with a wood burner and some leather sofa's and chairs for them.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Im sorry for your loss, I buried the dog in my avitar a couple years ago. Still breaks my heart to think about getting another dog. I cant stand the loss.
I'll be 71 and have resigned myself to being without dogs, or bird hunting. I still shoot skeet a lot, but no dog.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts