Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Blake, a very good friend of mine who passed away today from kidney failure. Blake, I miss you so much all ready. He wasn't the best hunter, but that was my fault. He was the best companion I ever had, but that was just him. I will allways remember you, thanks for being in my life. Good by old friend.

Some things do live on other than just in memory. These are Blakes pups that were born on Jan. 2nd. I never thought that I would feel the way I do about a dog but this really hurts.

·
Premium Member
18,470 Posts
Boltaction,

I'm very sorry for your loss. I know it's been said a thousand times and will be said a thousand more but pets ARE a member of the family. It is scary how attached we become to them. I'm afraid that we will be in the very same situation in the near future. Our Springer Buddy turned 13 on October 15th. He's been a joy to have and like Blake to you, the best friend to myself, my wife, and our 7 year old son. It is going to be a TOUGH adjustment when he is gone but we will get through it. We will get another one once the hurt has subsided a bit. It will NOT be a replacment but just another one to build fond memories of. Hang in there and it will get better. Just hang on to those memories and THEY will help get you and your family through this.

Take care, you're in my thoughts.

John

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Im Sorry For Your Loss, I Know That He Cant Be Replaced But Like
Jpollman Said. You Cant Get A Replacment, But Just Another One To Build Fond Memories Of.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. I dont look forward to the day that I have to say goodby to my pup but time stands still for none.
Interesting how the sight of the puppies took some of the sadness away as soon as I saw the post. I guess its like a baby at a wake.
I like the white paw on the one. Very cute.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I too am sorry for your loss. It is never easy to say good bye and the special ones are even harder to lose. You are lucky to have little ones to help keep Blake's memory alive.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Very sorry about your beloved friend.:(

·
Registered
3,117 Posts
Hey I am sorry about your loss and no just how it feels. I just lost my best hunter and best friend in oct opening day of bird season.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just the way we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing - they each miss someone special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his body begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have been spotted and when you and your special friend meet you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face, your hands again caress the beloved head and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then together you and your special pet cross the Rainbow Bridge --author unknown--

·
Registered
8,182 Posts
Boltaction,

I'm really sorry to hear the terrible news. It makes my eyes mist up whenever I read about someone losing a beloved pet. I've lost two of the best friends a guy could ever want. It's some comfort to think of them chasing birds and running bunnies in a better place.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Boltaction-

Im very sorry to hear about you losing Blake. Every time I read a post about someone loosing their huntin' buddy....I spend a little more time with mine at home. They just don't live long enough.

·
Registered
203 Posts
So sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog, and that picture says a thousand words about him. Looks like you were both pretty lucky to have each other. Sorry, again. :(

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
I am soooo sorry to hear about your loss. :(

One does become VERY attached in a short period of time.... and YES... most certainly they become a family member. From time to time... I already think about what it would be like without PJ (avatar) and Lexi (below)... and I hope that day does not happen for a long... long time. One day we also hope to breed PJ so part of him will remain with us after he has gone to doggie heaven.

Once again... sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Boy, is this something I hate to think about. This is the first thread I've ever read on this site that actually made me cry. How sad. Just a short time after I got my lab Ernie 4 years ago, I began to wonder Just what did I do to myself. The thought that one day he's not going to be around anymore is almost to much to bare. I've grown to love him so much.

Thanks for the story about Rainbow bridge Timber. I Like to think that's exactily how it will be.

Al

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, thank you everyone so very much for your thoughts. Some of the posts that I read brought tears to my eys. I had a good cry and in time everything will be all right. Thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your loss.
I know how painful loosing a loved compaion can be. After all they are part of the family.

A new pup wont take the lost ones place but can give some comfort when the timing is right.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
Our weim is just 10 months, but don't know what we would do without her. She is definitely part of the family and my wife and I spoil her rotten!! She is daddy's girl, but my wife would not give her up for the world.

She lost her family dog just after we started dating and she cried for days. I am sure the same will happen when that dreaded day comes for both of us.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts