Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good deer processor near Chelsea/Dexter area? Preferably someone who makes good hunter sausage sticks. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Theres Beef Barn just off of 94. Cooper street, jackson county, might be a little far for ya but worth a look.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I had my deer processed by someone else for maybe the first third of the deer I shot. When he quit deer processing, I decided to try it on my own. Never went to a processor again, and I'd encourage you to give it a shot. It's not hard, and there's an outstanding sticky on this forum that walks you through it. It's relaxing, way cheaper, and you end up with just what you want. And there's a lot of places that will take whatever meat you bring in and make it into whatever sausage or snack sticks you want, if you don't want to do that on your own.

·
Premium Member
9,617 Posts
I'm looking for a good deer processor near Chelsea/Dexter area? Preferably someone who makes good hunter sausage sticks. Any suggestions? Thanks
Backwoods Beef Jerky would be a good place to check out. I don't know about other places but I'm very happy with them and their prices are right. Try their philly cheese steak brats when you stop by. Good stuff!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts