Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  flyfish 
#1 ·
With this being my first season getting into Michigan's Wild Birds, I was lucky enough to bag my fair share of Woodcock, and even my first grouse last weekend!!!

I plan on getting a pair of the woodcock mounted, and same with the grouse, but I was wondering if anyone here could point me in the direction of a reputable taxidermist to use for my birds.

For all other game, I have used Shalvis Taxidermy. However, they are all the way out in Armada and their turnaround time has typically been VERY long. Since I am in Plymouth I was looking to find someone a bit closer, but I would not mind driving further if the mount is worthwhile. (1.5hrs tops)

Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say!!!

#2 ·
Last flight taxidermy in lowell. It is a drive from you.....but i can tell you i live a few miles from shalvis and i have had them do an outstanding shoulder mount on an elk but i drive across the state for my birds.

Travis will treat you right and he is reasonably priced for the type of work he does. He does mostly birds and he is a member here. Lots of guys on the waterfowl forum use him. St clair flats is another they talk about but Ihave no experience with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.