Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally handline 99% of the time when I fish and do very well most of the time. I have 2 guys that want to go tomorrow morning so I thought I would revisit pulling meat. Been a long time. Slick Fishing taught me this method many years ago. He had it nailed! Lunching from MC. Plan on running 4 rods. Have an assortment of harnesses and different weight bouncers. I seem to remember him running 4 & 3 ounce bouncers and mainly silver and gold harnesses. Are you meat guys still just going fast enough to flip the blades on the harness? Anything else I am forgetting? I really want to put these two guys on some fish.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Yes,3 or 4 oz is perfect and 2.2 2.4 mph with the current.Try different colors til you find what they want,red beads w/copper blade,perch color,purple,blue,chartreuse…good luck

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Others on here are probably better than me with harnesses on the river but a week ago a buddy and I pointed his boat down stream and trolled 2.5 to 3 mph with his transom mount electric motor using 2 to 3 oz bottom bouncers and 3 ways with bell sinkers and did great.
Finding right depth was biggest concern. Most were out deep but we got em in25 to 35 fow in the morning.

·
Registered
420 Posts
You guys think river will still produce, last Saturday between me and my son we bring home 9 fish 6 throwback, fish r on smaller side, still very enjoyable day on the river, good luck to everyone this weekend

·
Registered
188 Posts
Plenty of fish left in the river, get em while the getting is good... stopped counting after 20 or so Tuesday. Smaller fish overall but still a couple good ones mixed in. 17 inch walleye tastes just fine! Harnesses worked for me. But sounds like jigging works just fine still. Pick your poison!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts