Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Going fishing looking for someone to ride along

2K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  ajc1 
#1 ·
Got a small 18 ft Lund boat looking for someone to go fishing with me Monday morning can take two

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#18 ·
I think I end up with that fish which was 28 and then I had boxed two 18 in"add like two or three get off that were probably legal right next to boat but I had a problem keeping them buttoned up when I was taking the boards off using crawler harnesses but I was running cranks in the beginning and it was working the other day pretty good and then I forgot my crawlers and then when I almost got to the boat launch and swung over to a gas station only got one dozen of crawlers and a four dollars a dozen well I got one containers so you know how long that lasts

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#15 · (Edited)
Pretty sure I'm quoting Josh here but rod limits are stupid

Sent from my SM-A546U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
While we were on Erie out front of sterling Saturday, a DNR boat came flying up about 50' off us counting boards. Didn't see Joe low in the seat. The 2nd guy pointed at him then they took off south like a bat outta hell. Never even acknowledged us. 🤷‍♂️😆

#16 ·
Congrats on the solo donkey... Nice fish and a slow day fishin solo is better than not fishin.

Agree rod limits r stupid and if you can manage em... id even catch and release to run more...

Got checked last weekend on west side fishing silvers with 3 on board and 9 rod spread. Pulled up port side 20 yards out counting rods and asking how many I had out. Did a quick visual on licenses, re check on rods and was off to check the next boat. Good guys With a quick and effective check.

Always looks weird running 3 boards on 1 side but only 2 on the othe... (when running 4 down rods for silvers).

Triples solo with walleye is manageable.

Best bite/fire drill I had was 6 kings on with 3 on board and no autopilot. Landed 4 outta 6... one broke off trying to land by hand at back of boat, other shook the hook after a run. Will never forget hearing em all going and the experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.