Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if there r any walleye through the algae @ E bouy.....what about going east? The islands, Sputnick?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again,

Luckeye

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried out from monroe to e buoy with no walleyes. We were using spoons, hot n tots, and crawlers. Algae was thick. Did manage to catch a few perch. Not a lot of boats in that area yesterday.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Tried out from monroe to e buoy with no walleyes. We were using spoons, hot n tots, and crawlers. Algae was thick. Did manage to catch a few perch. Not a lot of boats in that area yesterday.
I've got 2 walleye (bottom bouncers), 25 perch, lots of white bass and SHeads in 22-23FOW in front of Brest bay today.
Bad waves, bad water!

·
Registered
167 Posts
I got my butt kicked on Saturday and only got one walleye. I think the waves have the lg stir it up pretty good but I have a lot of problem with grass which kept fouling my crankbait. I marked good numbers of walleye straight out from Sterling State Park however I just could not keep my lines clean. looking back I should have switched to 3 ounce bottom bouncers and made five to six foot leaders for crawler harnesses so the bottom bouncers would catch the weeds. the wind, the waves, and the algae made this trip the worst one of the year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts