Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up to mancelona. checked cameras one last time and caught a glimpse of a nice size 8point. Small rack but its antrim...

First time bow hunt. Prayin for success.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Good Luck!!

You smoked a spring Gobbler, now smoke that fall buck!!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
good luck to you , My parents live in Mancelona, ( in Jordan valley), we NEVER see deer there. hopefully , they are in your area.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The property is also in the Jordan Valley - I think... pretty sure. There are a few bucks and a doe family floatin around our parts.

You are right, it is hard hunting. But, I think with some deer management changes, we could get the herd goin again.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd love to do some rehabilitation work, but as I'm a guest here, I don't have much freedom. I started bow hunting because the gun season is overhunted on the 100 acres I'm allowed to hunt, and having not seen a white tail in three years, something had to change. I went to bow and now see deer every season.

They aren't typically that large, and I was a very lucky man to take that 8 pointer opening day. Largest I'd seen prior to that was a small 6, and that was only on cameras.

Strangely enough I think it was the same deer that turned into the 8 this year. I typically go for does, as their population seems to do alright for here. I am not a trophy hunter, but when I saw him on my cameras, I got a craving.

The DNR in Gaylord aged him at 3.5 years, and said he was very big bodied for the area. The processor's wife saw him after he was caped and asked if it was an elk. LOL. I feel so blessed for the opportunity to take him as my first buck.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Got up to mancelona. checked cameras one last time and caught a glimpse of a nice size 8point. Small rack but its antrim...

First time bow hunt. Prayin for success.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app
Good luck. Welcome to the sport. And I love your screenname. Kudos

1 - 10 of 10 Posts