Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use leather snowmobile gloves when I hit the ice. They dont keep my hands warm very long. I want to know what the best gloves are for ice fishing. What do you use??
Thanks -Buzz;)

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Myself, I use those mitten gloves. Your fingers and all are in a golve and then there is a top that flips over them to make it a mitten. The 3M green camo ones, I love em.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
A pair of rag wool mittens with the flip fingers. Tried the thinsulate ones and they didn't seem to work as well.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I use a pair of snowmobile gloves, Tried the mittens, but I never liked them. I don't wear the gloves all day either...my hands sweat if I do, I find it easier to set up the shanty, and drill holes with Gloves rather than mittens..

·
Registered
384 Posts
mittens always. easy on, easy off. 4 or 5 yrs ago i bought a pair of deer hide mittens. have 3 now and with a little bear grease, they will last forever. best hand warmers i ever bought.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont fish in a shanty so I am roughing it. I need the best hand protection I can get. Thanks for the advice;) -Buzz

·
Registered
20,132 Posts
I wear a good pair of gortex gloves,,, only when I'm baiting my hook or taking a fish off. I don't like to touch the bait or the fish, their slimy ,,,,, just kiddin',,,, no gloves or mittens for me,, just pockets, my hands really don't get cold.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59 Posts
personally I wear mittens until I get set up, and then Iwear thin wool gloves after that when I am fishing. The fingerless mittens always seem to get hooked up in my lines and hooks, and are hard to get on and off. the thin gloves are easy on and off , and allow my hands to breathe but stay warm also.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i use the mittens. but i also put TOE warmers in them. the hand warmers do not have anything on them to stick to the inside of the mitten. the TOE warmers are ideal, they don't slip out when you take your hands out. hope this helps.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Tried many different gloves but my hands always freeze with the fingers separated like that. I prefer good old leather chopper's mittens.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I use the wool flip-top mittens with the thinsulate lining. Due to a hot bite a couple years ago, I have a little problem with recurring frostbite and these mittens seem to keep the feeling in the fingertips as good as anything I've tried. I also add a chemical hand warmer, that I never leave home without, when conditions call for it.

If anyone has found anything better, I'd sure like to hear about it!

Steve

·
Registered
926 Posts
I take waterproof thinsulate gloves for setting up and drilling, then use the ragwool fingerless "glomitt" (with flip over finger cover). I keep the spares stuffed inside my coat when not in use, keeps em warm and dry:) .

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Ive had them all so far my thin leather dress gloves are the warmest. I think its because I can move so much easier in them keeping the blood moving. I used to like big mittens but they are a pain to get on and off all the time. If you could find a pair of beaver or rabbit fur lines mittens those would be real warm.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts