Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading up tonight and i was just curious if there has been any good action lately. i was up all of last week and not too much. thanks in advance
Brian

·
Registered
790 Posts
Everything is slow due to the warmer weather - hopefully it will pick up towards the weekend.

I will be up there Friday afternoon.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
We hunt up near Meredith (off Woods Trail) and will be up tomorrow afternoon. Its been a very slow bow season, no good bucks seen and just a few young bucks. Still too many people shooting immature bucks for there to be too many more quality bucks to be around.

I'm going up more for the fun of deer camp than the quality of the hunting.

Good luck and be safe....wear a safety harness!

Chris

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,130 Posts
cant head north until Sun night, but plan to hunt through Wed next week just north of Gladwin.

Might just "happen" in to Hunters...Shoe...Miceli's with my M-S hat on :evil:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
i am based out of meredith, bucks are moving, they seem to be moving together for some reason. very little activity far as the rut is concerned.seen a feild full of bucks bedded down today, must have been 6-7 of them....go figure

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i pulled up to the cabin this afternoon and not to my expectations what do i see is a huge 12 point just grazing the field looked at the truck for a second. only 30 yards away and then he just put his head down and started eating some more. god im so geeked. i dint bring my bow either. damnit. they are deffinatly moving. good luck everyone.i hope to have it hanging saturday at 9 am

1 - 6 of 6 Posts