Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about trying Secord in the morning, I was wondering if anyone had any reports on ice thickness in the Gladwin area.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ruff, Ive been tryin to find the name & phone # to a bait shop there in gladwin located right next to the Strykers Marina (on 30) next to the bridge by the dam (tabacco river). I guess its on Wixom Lake. Do you have any idea? Been trying to figure out for about 4 months now. If not no prob, but if so (u da man). Ive to been tryin to get an ice report around there. THNX - kp

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
You may want to give Larrys Bait and Tackle a call. They are right there by Sugar Springs, don't know the phone number though. They should be able to give you ice reports.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, I don't know the number, but you're thinking of Wixom Lake Bait and Tackle. It used to be in my Midland phone book, but I'm not sure anymore. I'm off to Secord or Sugar Springs!
Adam

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
You can't find the number because it closed, there was a bait shop on the left before the m30 bridge on the left and another one on the right after the bridge past the marina. Both these shops have been closed a couple years::bash:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey guys here is a little info for ya. Wixom as of last friday on the main lake had about 4-5 inches on it out from the dnr launch off 30. Water was muddy due to the run off and the rain. Saturday I was up on Lancer in Sugar springs chasing gators and gills. Water was clear with 2 inches of frozen slush and about 3-4 black under that. Never touched a fish on wixom and faired well on gills and northerns on lancer. Gills around 8-9 inch many northerns from 19-28. Burned through 4 doz shinners and suckers. Watch the ice around the shores as it is weak around the edges might end up with wet feet:rolleyes:

Mykass

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bait store on the east side of the road is still open. That's where I've been getting my bait for the last 3 years. I think it's called Wixom Lake Bait and Tackle.

·
Banned
5,167 Posts
I don't have that problem of finding bait, I bought 12,000 spikes earlier in the year. I usually stop at the one in sanford for pike minnows, at meridan rd and saginaw. The one your talking about on the east side, is that the old pig lady or further south between sanford and edenville?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts