Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, heading up to turkey hunt Saturday morning and will probably be fishing Saturday and Sunday in this area. I am not to familiar with the area and was looking for some info on fishing these waters. Anything would be helpful, tactics, tackle, good areas to fish, species, anyhting at all would be very helpful. Even other bodies of water. Will have only a 12 ft. boat and 10hp motor at my disposal so i may be limited. Again anything at all would be helpful. Youy can e-mail, pm, or just post a reply. Thanks alot. Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is the Bay do-able for this size craft? I'm leaning towards no but would like some more opinions. Do most of my fishing downriver, Detroit river, Erie

·
Premium Member
30,283 Posts
iceandshore said:
Also, is the Bay do-able for this size craft? I'm leaning towards no but would like some more opinions. Do most of my fishing downriver, Detroit river, Erie
If you go out the kawkawlin r. to bay, and wind is next to nothing, you'd be o.k. I wouldn't go very far offshore, but you don't have to this time of year.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. Not leaving until later today unfortunately, so any more info would be much appreciated. Jigging? Drifting? etc? Whats hot right now?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Down the road from Lancer is Lake Four. Perfect for your size boat and has some nice gills and specs. Not sure of water temp but the gills may be shallow already.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts