Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am always looking for different ways to cook geese and tried this out last week.I ground the goose breasts with a 90/10 mix with beef suet,added some jalapeno flakes,minced onion,garlic salt and some pepper.Made some patties and threw them into a pan with a little oil to get a nice sear on the patty.Dressed up an onion bun with some lettuce,tomato,pickles and some mayo and nestled that patty between the buns.Gooseburgers!It was a fine meal!

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
man that sounds awesome. ill be sure to give it a shot next season. Need some more geese in the freezer!
Hey man late season on geese still runs through next Saturday!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Hey man late season on geese still runs through next Saturday!
yeah, but the only fields I have access to, geese are ignoring. Hell, I haven't even seen any geese flying or sitting down for three weeks or so. would love to get on em if I could find em

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Sounds great.

I did something very similar this fall. I made bacon/goose burger by simply grinding cheap bacon with goose. Had burgers from dinner two days ago and it was pretty good.

I am about to take my packages of frozen diver duck from this fall and grinding it with pork butt. I will then add spices for a bratwurst recipe. I will not bother stuffing casings but will make bratwurst patties.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What do you guys use for grinders? My hand grinder just turns goose meat to mush when I tried it. I've heard from a few other friends who have had the same problem. Maybe its just time to replace my grinder.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use a Cabelas 1 3/4hp #32 grinder for all of my grinding.The key to keeping everything from turning to mush is to keep your grinder parts as well as the meat very cold.Before you grind,throw your grinder chute,auger,plates,etc..in the freezer as well as half freeze your meat.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I use a Cabelas 1 3/4hp #32 grinder for all of my grinding.The key to keeping everything from turning to mush is to keep your grinder parts as well as the meat very cold.Before you grind,throw your grinder chute,auger,plates,etc..in the freezer as well as half freeze your meat.
Oh no, ain't no way I'm half freezing my meat.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
What do you guys use for grinders? My hand grinder just turns goose meat to mush when I tried it. I've heard from a few other friends who have had the same problem. Maybe its just time to replace my grinder.
My wife has a Kitchenaid mixer. We recently purchased a grinding attachment for about $40 from Amazon. I was skeptical at first but it is, by far, the best meat grinder that I have ever owned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts