Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
catch & digest
3,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the delay, still learning to post pics. We(Ed Michrina, MOHAWK, and Pete) went out at daybreak. Fish were going as soon as we could see, then slowed for the rest of the day til late afternoon. Fish were aggressive and hit as soon as they came in, just didn't come in often enough. Saw a nice musky swim through, which is probably what kept the fish moving. Here is the picture of Ed and my fish(more Ed than me)

Some nice sized fish, the picture doesn't do them justice.

Thanks Ed,

Harry

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Man, you guys keep catching them perch like that , there won't be any left on Sunday!!! LOL Good job , see you guys Sunday.~~~~~~><> AL

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Minnows and a plain hook with a slip bobber worked good. tear brop with a whole minnow. and Sweedish pimple also worked.

Thanx for putting the photos up Harry. Great fishing with ya.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Not a bad mess of fish, Harry. Will have a full arsenal Sunday...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice fish guys! Were you in Eds honey hole?
You guys sure keep haulin them in. I bet all your friends and neighbors are happy.
Redneck

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Honey hole is a slow drip. It''s great in the morning. The fish are there normally with in 100 yrds of the spot. Finding them is 3/4 of the battle.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
nice job Harry on the pic and fish... will be out sunday mornin, will be at the bait shop on jefferson and MPW at 6 am then goin to which ever place everyone is goin out of.... picked up a motorola talkabout T5400 tonight at radio shack, not sure how good its gonna work but for $14.00, its worth a try.... hope to meet up and catch some fish and meet new people sunday... should be alot of fun...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Lowes at 23 Mile and Gratiot is clearing out their FRS radios....some really great deals there. Just walked home from the neighbors and its bright as heck outside....I'm thinking about getting onto the ice at 0400 sunday if the wind co operates....theres plenty of light to see by even without your headlight....

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey guys nice catch. You're right about finding them.....for some reason for me lately it's a real [email protected]!#@CH. But it's sure fun tryin'

Good job !! :D

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Neversunk, when Harry and I went out I used a flashlight to put my minnow on . It no sooner hit the water and bamb. I wonder how long those perch were on the feed.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
When I comes to fishing I don't complain or give negative feed ever! BUT. If your going to get Minnows and you want to get enough to fish with, DON"T go to*** Professional fishing shop**** It's located by the DNR launch by Crocker.

Go 2 miles North and get them at the Metro party store!!

I didn't want to go there because I new better, but He was open and I was on the way home. I forked out $10 bucks hard earned money for 3 dz. minnows and got one small scoop! Dinks minnows to boot. Sry. but That sux. big time. I wanted enough minnows to fish Sunday. He will rip you off and he is over priced.

I also talked to a guy outside the bait shop. He looked at my 3 dz. and shook his head. He stated his Musky charters sux. also. and his musky tackle is to expensive. I don't know that for a fact, but that is what he said.

Sorry if I put down someone's friend or business contact down, but I'll flip rocks for bugs before I step foot in that store again. ((This Is not the first time he riped me off)))

Good luck Sunday see you out there. GET YOUR MINNOWS AT MERTO PARTY STORE . 16 and Jefferson . They open at the same time.

·
Administrator
26,942 Posts
I had my daughter pick me some up today at Archers and anglers(i think) on 23 mile rd in Chesterfield. Told her to get 2 doz. Must have got 12-15 doz. by count.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ed,
I agree. Last weekend I was going out for a few hours and stopped at professional fishing to pick up a dozen minnows and thats what I got a dozen, not 13 or 14 or 15........
I agree.....GET YOUR MINNOWS AT MERTO PARTY STORE . 16 and Jefferson.

See ya on da ice:cool:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
These bait shop owners need to be exposed. Their loss of business will teach them a lesson... And if Professional doesn't think they will, just remember, alot of LSC ice fishers browse this site, members and non members; hundreds of people will read this tonight alone...MPS gets my business and always will when I'm up that way!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts