Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking on going out to Ginos, where is this located? Also how far out do you have to go and is it safe enouigh for a ATV? One more question if yall don't mind, what is the best time to be out there, thanks!

Joe

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Gino's is on Jefferson south of Metro and north of Crocker.

You can go anywhere from a half mile to reports of 2.5 to 3 miles. Most fishing is done a mile to a 1.5 miles but that has more to do with the walkers not wanting to walk too far. ATV's and snowmobiles are traveling that far and even a car was seen 1.5 miles out on Monday. If you are taking an ATV you may want to use Crocker which is only a couple hundred yards south of Gino's because there is a launch to go down. Gino's has rocks on shore making it difficult to get the ATV up and down.

All times have worked but early morning and late afternoon seem to have been best from what I've seen. That could have more to do with when people are fishing and not the fish. Fish are being caught at all hours though.

·
Registered
663 Posts
fishinjoe, use the dnr launch its nice, go out just past the crowds 100 yards or so 12 fow has been good for me but they are gettin em all over out there. good luck!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was out there getting set up before the sun came up, and as soon as I put a line in the water I got a hawg!! Had doubles too....all big fish...but the bite stopped at 9 am. I was in about 12 feet of water about a mile out from beacon cove and could'nt see the bottom. Most came on minnows...when I jigged a maggot all I got was smaller ones. I woulda caught more but my lines got tangled and I was out of service for awhile. Then my minnow line broke when digging the hook out of the mouth of a perch which had swallowed it....more "down" time resulted. I left at 11. Some radio reports were that fish were being seen (dont know where though) but they would'nt bite. I'm gonna hit Selfridge for this afternoon and hope for cleaner water and spear any hogs that come in and are not hungry. Get out there early if you can...just look for the pack and pick your spot.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts