Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out in the brutal winds tomorrow morning. Thinking about making the drive to Ginos or Metro, possibly channel fishing if the lake is too strong of winds.

Any tips for us making the long drive out? Haven't been out there yet this year, just curious how the action has been this week.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That doesn't sound promising lol! I wonder if the canals will be better? What depth of water were you in? Clarity?

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
If ya wanna throw the steel, I saw a bunch of fish down there. First 10 to 15 fish I missed (cause I suck at spearing apparently) but still got a few nice fish. I'm hooked on spearing that's for sure. Matt u wanna hit the lake again next week? I'm down

·
Registered
98 Posts
Heading out in the brutal winds tomorrow morning. Thinking about making the drive to Ginos or Metro, possibly channel fishing if the lake is too strong of winds.

Any tips for us making the long drive out? Haven't been out there yet this year, just curious how the action has been this week.

Thanks

Mike
Was out to day in 7 fow 30 to 40 perch keep 11 perch and 1 gill in line with the apartments best bite was 11:00am to 1:00 pm good luck

·
Registered
488 Posts
I was at Metro today fishing near the beach and got skunked. Probably over 30 caught around 5-7" if thats your thing... but im guessing its not! Haha!

Clarity was cloudy but still see-able to the bottom in 4-6' of water (top of the ice).

Its been reallllyyyy slow for me at Metro for the last week or so. But thats not to say that you will or will not have the same outcome as me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I second that! didnt even see any nice ones, and popped about 8 different holes. Will head to another spot to spend my fishing time maybe? usually a good spring spot for me middle of Feb/ beginning of March till ice out.

·
Registered
98 Posts

Thanks

Mike
Purple and white spoon and tiger strip chautruce most on wax worm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts