Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started out in 7 fow on the north side of the pier wall. Nothing but, 6 / 7" fish. Moved out to 10 fow just south of Gino's. Caught a 11 1/2 " right off, then a 10". Then nothing.
Moved in to shallower (6fow) water, 400 yards out from launch about 300 yards south of the pier.
Lots of fish seen, 1/3 of them were jumbos. Couldn't get the jumbos to hit cause of the 8 and 9 inchers were getting to the bait first.
Jigging a 1/2 oz. blue / silver little cleo, inches off the bottom, really made them aggressive. And helped bring em in.
Ended up with 20 keepers. 18 of them caught between 11:00 to 11:30, just before we had to leave.
My buddy was 35 yards away from us and was catching nothing but dinks.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The craters were frozen over. The edges were starting to wear down from traffic. Luckily my buddy had a trailer with tall tires. And chains on his 2 wheel quad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am going out there tonight to try my luck. Would you suggest the deep water, or the shallow water. I fished Thursday evening in 12fow and ended up with a dozen all 9 to 12in.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
H.H.

When we were heading out a guy told us Beacon' cove was the place to be. When we went out deep. We saw quite a few people moving from deep to in shallow by Gino's. If I was going out right now. I would go shallow. Just find the aggressive schools, or try to make them aggressive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts