Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on going up Oct. 23rd. north and east of Gladstone area small lakes. Probably will be cold and wet--what do you experts think of this timing???? Thanks for all prior help.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got a report from the trip?
Mostly a grouse hunting trip as it turned out----found a few lakes where I can catch the gills....Never fished the UP---Alwalys in Ontario. Like eating the gills--do it like my dad did in the 50's. Scale-fry fish whole--now using Drakes--and leave the bones and skin on....Love eating them like that. In Ontario always filet the eyes....

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
Mostly a grouse hunting trip as it turned out----found a few lakes where I can catch the gills....Never fished the UP---Alwalys in Ontario. Like eating the gills--do it like my dad did in the 50's. Scale-fry fish whole--now using Drakes--and leave the bones and skin on....Love eating them like that. In Ontario always filet the eyes....
Old school on the fish fry. I like that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Old school on the fish fry. I like that.
My 15 year old grandson, from Brighton, started doing it that way down there. His buds were amazed. A lot of small water down there. I wonder what it was like when Indians lived there before 500K PLUS HOMES WHERE built...........

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
My 15 year old grandson, from Brighton, started doing it that way down there. His buds were amazed. A lot of small water down there. I wonder what it was like when Indians lived there before 500K PLUS HOMES WHERE built...........
Them crispy tails are the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts