Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Although its a no hunting zone, would you shoot?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unfortunately the city i live in is a "No Hunting Zone"... my backyard is always packed with Doe, fawn, and a few BIG BUCKS. Well this morning this guy decided to show his face, and i hurried and got a few pics before he wandered off. I haven't ever attempted to take any of the deer due to the laws of my city, and the fact i have a 7 year old watching. When he turned the opposite way it did look like someone tried to poach him, or he got into a fierce fight with another buck because he has a large gash on his back side.

Attachments

·
Registered
16,645 Posts
A rage in the base of the neck and where spinal column meets and he wouldn't go far :)

That's if you are confident enough to make the shot and make it count ! Wouldn't ever shoot a deer a night but sure in the hell would have a hard time not shooting a stud in MY YARD.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wow! Nice deer for sure. As good as they look on the wall its just as enjoyable to watch them, for me anyway, especially from the comfort of home! Like Sprytle said, its essentially a $10k deer and you can have a hell of a hunt for something just as big and less money(probably more enjoyable) and have no worries of anyone knocking on your door. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night waiting for that knock or phone call.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Would not be worth it. With the new. Law being the bigger the antlers the more the fine that one would cost well over 10,000 dollars if caught
Dang you would have won on the price is right.....Looks to be 11 points

$1000 per deer
$1000 antlered
$8250 - 11 points @ $750 each

$10,250

And the bonus revocation of the current year plus 3 years, add another 2 years for antlers - 1st offence (7 years - 2nd offence).

·
Registered
5,253 Posts
Dang you would have won on the price is right.....Looks to be 11 points

$1000 per deer
$1000 antlered
$8250 - 11 points @ $750 each

$10,250

And the bonus revocation of the current year plus 3 years, add another 2 years for antlers - 1st offence (7 years - 2nd offence).
Pus how could you brag about shooting ra deer that way.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.