Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen this beast on trophy bucks of Iowa. Not an Iowa deer but even they wanted to show gratitude. What a stud and deer of a lifetime. Such a unique deer. Congrats to the lucky hunter. How would you even go about scoring something like this? Any official measures that are members here that could explain the difficulties of measuring a deer like this? It’s just incredible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Be nice to know hou much the antlers weigh,He must have got a lot of neck aces
I was thinking the same thing. I bet they weigh quite a bit. I wonder what causes a deer to grow something so unusual.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No one has made a comment yet about putting a tape to it? I wish they would record the official scoring and post up the video on YouTube when they do it. It’s interesting to see how they would go about scoring a deer like this. I’ve watched official scorers do some of my deer. But I’ve never scored on anything remotely close to this type of nontypical.

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
No one has made a comment yet about putting a tape to it? I wish they would record the official scoring and post up the video on YouTube when they do it. It’s interesting to see how they would go about scoring a deer like this. I’ve watched official scorers do some of my deer. But I’ve never scored on anything remotely close to this type of nontypical.

That has to be one difficult task. I would get a headache just thinking about it.

·
Registered
18,263 Posts
Not sure it needs to be scored.
But my condolences to those who do take a tape to it.

Reactions: Namrock

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would love to have that ugly deer on the wall in my house. It’s extremely unique and I doubt anyone wouldn’t have to take a double take. Definitely a conversation piece. Myself I love the knarly nontypical type deer. I would take one any day over a typical. The more junk the better. My all time favorite deer is the hole in the horn buck. Just love the non typicals.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts

Cactus bucks usually are not scored as it is way too difficult. You tell me what are the “typical” elements of that rack. Not going to happen. I’d drop the hammer on that deer in a heartbeat. Only seen one similar in Michigan. Had a perfect 5 point on right side and a blooming onion on the left, called him Outback.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts