Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would be but I don't have any fields around here! I do love bringing those big guys down whenever I get the chance though. When I get one I makes a big splash though. Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate it, I'll have to see how work goes. It's the first year for my dog too, I'm excited

·
Super Moderator
3,766 Posts
I'll get you and ol Bradley out this year. I can't wait to lay the smack down on some honkers...just praying it isn't 300 degrees in September. Gotta start stocking up on the bug spray and therma cells

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll get you and ol Bradley out this year. I can't wait to lay the smack down on some honkers...just praying it isn't 300 degrees in September. Gotta start stocking up on the bug spray and therma cells

Just bought some spray, I hope we get a chance to make it this year. I can't say I'm a pro, but we do ok on ducks. This goose stuff is new to me, sounds like I need more decoys. At the same time I'm trying to stock up on divers. Is a vicious cycle!

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Just bought some spray, I hope we get a chance to make it this year. I can't say I'm a pro, but we do ok on ducks. This goose stuff is new to me, sounds like I need more decoys. At the same time I'm trying to stock up on divers. Is a vicious cycle!

You can kill all u want on 2 doz full bodies. Everybody needs a layout too

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
hah. that top picture is from my layout blind off the side of the loafing pond...was some great visuals that day. was so damn windy tho, it was hard hittin birds.
Jan 29 looked like that 360 degrees around my layout. We were so jacked we let 3 geese in the decoys get a free pass

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Best part of that day is looking at the season debate going on. That day would have the best duck hunt of my life. Drake sprigs, mallards feet down by the droves. Not once did i complain or think to about ducks being closed. Just thank god i got to c it.

·
Registered
11,638 Posts
Best part of that day is looking at the season debate going on. That day would have the best duck hunt of my life. Drake sprigs, mallards feet down by the droves. Not once did i complain or think to about ducks being closed. Just thank god i got to c it.
yeah i hear ya. last year my late trip out west was very humbling. we seen close to 100,000 birds a day but yet only hit limits a few times that week. having a couple thousands birds spin the spread 3-4-5 times and then bounce without giving the nice up the middle look kinda sucks but was awesome at the same time. happened more times than not during that week.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
yeah i hear ya. last year my late trip out west was very humbling. we seen close to 100,000 birds a day but yet only hit limits a few times that week. having a couple thousands birds spin the spread 3-4-5 times and then bounce without giving the nice up the middle look kinda sucks but was awesome at the same time. happened more times than not during that week.
Yeah i have no idea why we got such a push of birds but we did. All jan we had big bunches work us but our bird count that day was ten fold. Neatest thing ive seen waterfowl hunting

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Well have to hook up and do some hunting Lewy. I work second shift so i can pretty much hunt every morning. I just have to be home around 1 so i can get cleaned up and off to work by 2. Dads not gonna hunt with me this early season as he has a torn rotator cuff. Surgery on the 19th. When we were at his appointment yesterday the Doc said 3 weeks in a sling, 3 months to recover. So, he will be into October before he can do any huntin'.

·
Banned
3,032 Posts
Well have to hook up and do some hunting Lewy. I work second shift so i can pretty much hunt every morning. I just have to be home around 1 so i can get cleaned up and off to work by 2. Dads not gonna hunt with me this early season as he has a torn rotator cuff. Surgery on the 19th. When we were at his appointment yesterday the Doc said 3 weeks in a sling, 3 months to recover. So, he will be into October before he can do any huntin'.
Sounds good. Man i cant wait to dump some honkers. Also if she's calling for snow in January plan on coming over my way.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts