Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I wrote I thought I would share getting ready for the season. Some may not care for it but it is what it is.

I have one thing in my life that i'll never lose
My passion for hunting because that's what I choose
I can't explain what it does to me
the rush I get while up in a tree

Sitting still, alone in my stand
Gazing slowly across the land
I have a bow, an arrow too
Hoping to spot a dream come true

The biggest of all whatever it may be
Animals that most hunters will never see
If your lucky, if you're in the right spot
You just might get that priceless shot

With a shot worth more than money can buy
place your shot and let it fly
you will only get one, It happens so fast
following the blood, how long will it last

Gone for a while, but tracking by light
Soon to be in front of you, back in sight
Breathless, motionless, dead on its side
Heart pumping, thumping, smiling with pride

Nick Vanecek
copyright 2002

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Poem. I'm Pumped for this year, well I'm jacked for every year :)
It can neve come soon enough:evilsmile As soon as the nights start to hit 50's the itch gets even worse.

·
Premium Member
4,483 Posts
Well written Old School, can visualize the whole scene in my head while reading. Definitely gets you fired up.

I have been amped up all summer but that magical day is coming soon. The day that I open the front door to go to work and get smacked in the face with the years first blast of cool autumn air. That is one of the best feelings in the world for me. Tell's me that the opener is right around the corner!!!

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6 Long weeks

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
47 degrees this morning

·
Registered
383 Posts
This whole waiting thing is driving me nuts, was shooting the other day and decided I need to stop before I get another robin hood.

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This whole waiting thing is driving me nuts, was shooting the other day and decided I need to stop before I get another robin hood.

Gets expensive im sure

·
Registered
383 Posts
Got a dozen of em' Its already beyond expensive :yikes:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ive been bow hunting for 4 years. The first two I think I didnt have faith in my skills and never took a shot. The 3rd year I arrowed a nice doe but jumped it up while tracking. It looked pretty weak so we left in hopes that it would layback down. We never ended up finding it again. Last year I had a handful of oppurtunities but didnt end up taking a shot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
pike, you just told us what level your ethics are at:yikes:. If you didn't take a iffy shot there is nothing wrong with that, been there, done that. We all miss a few and we all lose a few, thats hunting. To tell you the truth I hunted for nearly 24 years with a bow, (though not every year) because I was in the Air Force and couldn't do to location, but I didn't give up, I just kept trying and finaly scored in 2005 and 2006. Both does but I hope this broke the ice, it def. boosted my confidence. Then last year I just plane didn't hunt. I gave my spot to a disabled friend. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts