Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,303 Posts
Anybody else catch this?

Incredible way to learn the birth of our nation. Makes you sick to your stomach to watch then flip to the news and see all the whiners.

The man was an incredible visionary and a truly natural leader. What he and others did to free our nation from Britain was unthinkable.
I saw the first one that explained his role in the massacre of French diplomats in Ohio country near present day Pittsburg, a prelude to the French and Indian War. Until that time, the colonist had it fairly good. The British government realized that the colonial militias had no proper leadership and were getting out of control, so the British Army was sent in.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Loved it, GW was and still is my favorite president. Should make this mandatory viewing in public schools. One of many moments of the movie that moved me
January 20, 1781
"The New Jersey Continentals mutiny. Washington, fearing the total dissolution of the Army, urges severe measures. He is less excusing of this mutiny because, as he writes in a circular letter to the New England state governors, Congress has been working to redress the Continental Army's grievances. Washington orders Robert Howe from West Point to suppress the mutiny and to execute the most extreme ringleaders. Howe forms a court martial that sentences three leaders to be shot by twelve of their fellow mutineers."

WOW

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man." George Washington

"Someday, following the example of the United States of America, there will be a United States of Europe." George Washington

We could use more men like Washington, in Washington. Smart with foresight. FM

·
Registered
6,901 Posts
I liked how the show mentioned that most forget about all the grievances in The Declaration of Independence, the main reasons for revolution.

Half way through, definitely glad I DVR’d it.

Looking forward to the Ulysses Grant series that’s been advertised coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

·
Premium Member
2,484 Posts
I am surprised at the glowing reviews. I found it pretty slow. I guess I will give it another shot.

·
proud to be a.......
8,876 Posts
I found it pretty slow. I guess I will give it another shot.
You learned about egg noodles and the new movie 'Call of the Wild' every 10 minutes over and over again though!
I thought it was pretty good. Then I had to watch 'Unidentified: Inside America's UFO Investigation'. That was interesting.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Have it DVR'd - started watching last night. What I like about it, is that it shows his flaws early and the evolution of his leadership. Great leaders are not "Born", they are "made" - he has is flaws like any man - and look what he accomplished.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I watched it(dvr).Only way I watch anything anymore.The amount of commercials is ridiculous.I really enjoyed it.I had forgotten a lot of what happened.Yes,cant wait for the Grant series.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Question is, Would these founding fathers have made the sacrifices they did if they knew how their country would turn out in 2020. We have lost all of the values exemplified by their courage.

·
Premium Member
3,023 Posts
Question is, Would these founding fathers have made the sacrifices they did if they knew how their country would turn out in 2020. We have lost all of the values exemplified by their courage.
I believe they would - still the greatest nation on this Earth and the Constitution is the greatest contract between the "People" and those who wish to govern.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts