Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fella's this is a post from another site but I thought that I should post it here. I am a big fan of the triple glow squid he produced.

To All the sportsmen and women of many different states. On the evening of Sept. 10th, George Richey of Honor, MI. passed away of cancer. He is the twin brother of Dave Richey who recently retired from the Detroit News. The two were among the first to steelhead fish and guided for may years. George owned Richey's Custom Flies. He tied many famous river and stream flies as well as the famous glow squids and flies trolled behind dodgers and flashers for Great Lakes salmon and trout. He was an avid lure and post card collector, with one of the most complete collections of Michigan lures. He has written many outdoor articles for all the major magizines and newspapers. He was an avid outdoorsmen with many great talents. The list of achievments are endlist, and sharing them with EVERYONE was his greatest asset.
I can't think of any other thing to say except, THANK YOU, GEORGE
I'll miss you very much!Didn't know of any other place to post that all his friends could
know of his passing.
Sincerely,
Capt. Ron Levitan

·
Super Moderator
11,080 Posts
I especially enjoyed his articles about collecting. He will be missed.

·
Registered
9,399 Posts
Are you kidding me, I live here and I didn't know that. Thats really too bad, George was a good guy, and a pretty good barber too. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts