Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highlight of the afternoon was the sunset over the trees; beautiful. Fishing was ssslllllooooooowwwwwww....

We started out in close, maybe a couple hundred yards off shore just S of Geno's, about 3 feet of murky water. Couldn't even see our lures. There was action there, but all smaller fish. We headed to deeper water around 5 PM and fished just past the pack. I got a huge hit when we were still setting up which I missed like a newbie. Not a thing after that for 3 hours. Nada, zip, slack lines, snore...

The clarity was actually better in the deeper water. On the bright side, there were few morons running around listening to Nirvana on their 4 wheelers. No one ran us down or put us in fear for our lives.

Did anyone do anything at all out there, today? We would have gone to Fairhaven, but didn't have time for the extra trip around the lake. I need to get a radio so I can chat with you guys out there. Hopefully you have done better than we did.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You did'nt miss anything for the Fair Have afternoon bite...it started at about 4:45 and went to 6:15, but of the 40 I caught I only took home 12. Bigger ones were in the hole but wouldnt bite....and the few that did wouldnt take it in to the hook and I lost them at the hole. The water got considerablely murkier since yesteday but I dont know from where. I called my brother on Anchor Bay Drive (which gets its water directly from the North Channel) and he said the water there is running gin clear. Dunno what to make of this.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts