Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Geno's 2-18

1488 Views 15 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  hiddenlake
Hello All,

I have been reading your posts for quite a while and finally joined so I can participate in this awesome forum.

Yesterday, I took my 14 year old son out to Geno's for the late bite hoping for some jumbos and walleye. A friend gave me coordinates for a shallow spot where he had done well a few days ago so we started there. We were just west of Geno's less than a 1/4 mile out in about 4 feet of water. Nothing there but dinks so we moved about halfway to the pack to about 8 feet of water. Fish were active but nothing over 7 inches so we headed out to the far edge of the pack around 5:30.

Water was too milky to see bottom, but the fish were fairly active and we ended up with 6 jumbos and another 8 under 8 inches. I'll post a pic of the fatter ones once I figure out how to do it. I was using swedish pimples tipped with wigglers and minnows and a marmooshka tipped with a minnow and my son was using Ken's hooks tipped with jensen's eggs, wigglers or minnows. We were experimenting out there, but the fish were hitting everything. I really like the swedish pimples for that depth. We were of the ice at 8 and never hooked any eyes, but we still had a great time.

Hope to see you guys out there soon!

RatherBfishin

See less See more
1 - 3 of 16 Posts
Welcome to the site RBF. Thanx for the report.
RBF here is a link that will help ya post Photos.

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26676
Welcome to the site Hiddenlake. That ugly thing you pulled up. Is a mudpuppy. It is actually a salamander . They are harmless and should be released unharmed. I just wish I was there to see the look on your face when you pulled it out.
1 - 3 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.