Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was told once that if you don't have anything nice to say, then you shouldn't say anything at all. ;) But if this helps somebody else out it's worth saying.

I caught 4 very questionable keepers from first light 'till 4:00 PM. I threw in the towel at 4. I tried shallow, deep, and in between. I stopped moving at noon and went all or nothing in 9 FOW straight out from the banquet hall. Judging by the amount of moving back and forth going on in the main pack closer to shore it wasn't much better there.

Baits? Psssht. What didn't I try today?

Water was very clear so I could easily see bottom in 9' (couldn't see bottom last week). Every 20 minutes I'd have an insufferable cloud of 3-4" dinks under me...so much that I would pull my bait up and wait for them to dissipate.

The bummer? I literally did not see one fish over 9" down there all day. Not even any jumbo lock-jaw situations to get my heart pumping.

But I did get a 30+ inch musky on one of my pike tip-ups, so that was exciting! Caught in 9 FOW on a 6" chub suspended half way down. Barely lip hooked so he was released down the hole in under 30 seconds.

Good luck out there this weekend. If reports don't improve...I may be taking my act to an inland lake near you!

383 Posts
Got out at 12. as soon as I dropped my spoon down I had good fish snappin. Caught about a dozen real quick then nothing. Moved all around for another three hours and couldn't find them again

1 - 2 of 2 Posts