Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My teenage sons have acquired a 12' alu fishing boat and would like to expand their horizons. We live in Davison about 2 mile west of Potters Lake. They have been on Holloway, Mott, Potter, Nepessing.

Any suggestion for other local lakes that they can put the boat on.:fish:

·
Registered
5,560 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Just my two cents.....since you live in Davison, I wouldn't waste the gas to go to Buell Lake. The fishing there just isn't that great. If the boat isn't that heavy, they may want to consider the old Timber Wolf campground off Irish Road. It's close to you and there are fish there. I have a 22 inch largemouth from there to prove it. It also has tons of bluegill and Pike. It doesn't have a boat launch, but I am thinking that they should be able to carry the boat the short distance from the parking lot to the water.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stumpy, the boys disk golf next to it, we have fished from shore there. But, I have noticed a small separate lake and a larger gravel pit kina lake, which one are you referring to?

·
Registered
471 Posts
in the lappeer state game area there a lake called long lake its a no gas motor lake has some big pike and bass and some nice gills havent fished it since i was a teen and it was only open at a certain time in the summer 2 fishing and there are all kinds a lakes in that area also like i said havent been down there in over 10yrs so can remember all them but always had a blast fishing them

·
Registered
257 Posts
Stumpy, the boys disk golf next to it, we have fished from shore there. But, I have noticed a small separate lake and a larger gravel pit kina lake, which one are you referring to?
Any of the bodies of water in the old Timber Wolf campground are good fisheries.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Question..... I live in Davison also. Not far from the old Timberwolve campground. Can you fish from shore from those lakes there or would I need a small boat or kayak?

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
You can fish from shore in the ponds at the Timberwolf. Look at Twin, Watts, and Cedar lakes in Lapeer State game area also. Those three are perfect for small boats.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You guys that fish the ponds at the old timberwolf, what are u using for baits to catch pike, bass and gills? I took my boy there today and we got skunked. I was just using spinnerbaits and powerbait grubs. Any advice would be great. I also plan to go across the road to the flint river and give that a try too. Thanks!

·
Registered
433 Posts
we always used plastic worms, tequila sunrise with green glitter ;). very clear water most of the time out there. with a lot of fishing pressure. we never used any weight on them just worm and hook. their are some biggens in their. good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts