Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,463 Posts
Gas prices started rising BEFORE the February invasion of Ukraine . February 2021 - $2.50 a gallon, February 2022 - $3.51 a gallon. U.S. Energy Information Administration.

This is not to say that Russia's invasion of Ukraine hasn't had an impact on oil prices but there are many reasons - like domestic supply, among others .

9mm Hi-Power
I know.....just humor.

·
Registered
15,579 Posts
Gas prices started rising BEFORE the February invasion of Ukraine . February 2021 - $2.50 a gallon, February 2022 - $3.51 a gallon. U.S. Energy Information Administration.

This is not to say that Russia's invasion of Ukraine hasn't had an impact on oil prices but there are many reasons - like domestic supply, among others .

9mm Hi-Power

What Is Holding Back U.S. Oil Production?

·
Premium Member
7,225 Posts
Seen your rig parked at JPs. My Granddaughter has worked there since it opened. We visit her often. She is probably the smallest of the wait staff and great worker. One of her three jobs while in college.
I usually go up there once a week good food and staff highly recommended. If I was still docking at humbug that’s place would be perfect , about time we have a place on the water to eat down here.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Maybe I can fish without 3' wakes now :)
If anything power cruisers will be less likely to drop off plane,it costs a lot of fuel to pull a big cruiser out of the hole and the wake they put out while in the hole is way worse than on plane, if your drifting the middle of the shipping channel, well your in the shipping channel, I especially avoid the Livingston channel with it's walls, in all fairness the big boats pretty much leave you the water from October til June and from dark till 10 or 11 Am all summer long. when I see a big boat coming my way I power up, if they're not buzzing me like a tournament boat, I'm happy.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Stop! This is Putin and the war in Ukraine...I think I'll pull my canoe down out of the garage ceiling after 10 years now and just have to pay for the gas in the truck to fish. $120 fill up yesterday for my F150, even with my "@WALLEYE MIKE" suggested discount at Krogers that did help!!!

I'm thinking about a Go Fund Me thing so I can afford to buy worms since I'm retired now...

Crazy times...
these prices have NOTHING to do with Putin’s folly in Ukraine, and EVERYTHING to do with hyper-inflation….(Government induced!).

21 - 40 of 46 Posts