Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased the Bluechart lake topographical maps for their Garmin GPS?

I'm considering them for my unit. One big bummer for me is that each great lake costs an additional $110. Ouch.

Are they worth it?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Just bought the software last week. Haven't loaded it on my GPS yet, but have it on my computer. It's not as detailed as I had hoped but truthfully I didn't know what to expect.

Send me your email address and I'll send you a screen clip of an area that's meaningful to you for you to look at.

Ned

·
Registered
1,345 Posts

I like it. I have a Garmin 238 and a Garmin 76S handheld. you only have to pay for the chart once and they will give you codes for both units, if you have two.

It is basically just like having the Government Paper Charts, on your GPS. As you can see, out in the lake the spot sounding a quite spread out.

It cool for checking out new ports, or measuring how far distances are. Or you can make waypoints and routes on the software and then import then to your garmin.

I believe I got a blank 64 mb card. I have all the great lakes on it but Lake Ontario.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts