Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys-

I have read the reviews you have posted about these cameras through the summer and early fall.

Just wondering if everyone is still happy with them?

I'm looking to add some cameras to my collection, specifically for putting out in remote areas, and leaving them for 3-6 months.

These would be set on video mode, and due to the locations, probably 10s length. I would anticipate less than 10 pics per week in these locations. Is the battery life good enough for this application?

Finally...I see that there are two models, that appear similar...the E5 and the A3. Any insight into the difference between these, or which you prefer and why, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Bob

Sent from my SM-A505U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey Guys-

I have read the reviews you have posted about these cameras through the summer and early fall.

Just wondering if everyone is still happy with them?

I'm looking to add some cameras to my collection, specifically for putting out in remote areas, and leaving them for 3-6 months.

These would be set on video mode, and due to the locations, probably 10s length. I would anticipate less than 10 pics per week in these locations. Is the battery life good enough for this application?

Finally...I see that there are two models, that appear similar...the E5 and the A3. Any insight into the difference between these, or which you prefer and why, would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Bob

I have the e-6 model. You connect to it by Wi-Fi, however, you have to be within 10' of the thing to connect.
Mine eats batteries like crazy. I now have it plugged in to the outside plug on the porch.

I would stronly suggest that you use a solar panel to keep it charged if leaving it out for that long.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I bought in the E5 in spring and I love it I have Five browning strike force and that a great.but when I buy more they will be garden pro.I leave one in my drive way excellent pics at night and love no light shows so no one would see the camera at night evan if they were looking at it at night.I never use on video just pics and have not changed batteries yet.Last3 months average 100 pics a night Two pics every 30 seconds so a few does every night can get lots of pics.loved browning but any new cams will be garden pro.Sat them side by side and allways got more pics with garden pro

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought in the E5 in spring and I love it I have Five browning strike force and that a great.but when I buy more they will be garden pro.I leave one in my drive way excellent pics at night and love no light shows so no one would see the camera at night evan if they were looking at it at night.I never use on video just pics and have not changed batteries yet.Last3 months average 100 pics a night Two pics every 30 seconds so a few does every night can get lots of pics.loved browning but any new cams will be garden pro.Sat them side by side and allways got more pics with garden pro
Thanks for the feedback! Anyone know the difference between the E5 and the A3?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I bought an E5, I believe, I have a dozen cameras and this is my favorite so far. Awesome picture quality, great trigger speed and great range. I will be purchasing a couple more to replace 2 moultries that quit working on me this fall.

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
BigWoods Bob asked..
Anyone know the difference between the E5 and the A3?

I have 12 of the E5 models that I used mostly for video purposes from late April-late Oct. I ran Energizer Ultimate Lithiums in all and still had battery life when I pulled them all in late October.
One of the 12 developed an issue and was sent in, I had a new replacement E5 4 days after they checked out the one I sent back.

The GardePro E5 trail camera features all-new imaging technology to deliver more clear 1296P videos and 24MP still images. And it comes with an all-new compact housing design for easier operation and mounting. It also features ultra-fast motion detection and no glow invisible infrared technology, which is perfect for outdoor wildlife deer trail and home security, stealth and won’t scare any animals.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Records 2304×1296 video with sound
Captures 24MP still image
No glow night vision range 100ft
Ultra-Fast 0.1s trigger speed
Long 90ft detection distance
Supports 256GB standard SDHC/SDXC memory card (user supplied)

The GardePro A3 trail cam is engineered to resolve bad experience on night vision such as over-exposure and under-exposure (dark) issue on the conventional trail cameras. This camera is equipped with a ultra-clear SONY Starvis CMOS sensor, large aperture lens, smart imaging to produce clear night vision. It also features fast motion detection and no glow invisible infrared technology, which is perfect for outdoor wildlife trail and home security, stealth and won’t scare any animals.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Ultra clear SONY imaging technology
Records H.264 1080P 30fps video with sound
Crisp clear 20MP picture
Fast 0.1s trigger speed
Supports 128GB standard SD card (user supplied)

JUST AN FYI...
The GardePro E6 and the E8 models are more geared towards home/building security purposes than for trailcam use.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
BigWoods Bob asked..

I have 12 of the E5 models that I used mostly for video purposes from late April-late Oct. I ran Energizer Ultimate Lithiums in all and still had battery life when I pulled them all in late October.
One of the 12 developed an issue and was sent in, I had a new replacement E5 4 days after they checked out the one I sent back.

The GardePro E5 trail camera features all-new imaging technology to deliver more clear 1296P videos and 24MP still images. And it comes with an all-new compact housing design for easier operation and mounting. It also features ultra-fast motion detection and no glow invisible infrared technology, which is perfect for outdoor wildlife deer trail and home security, stealth and won’t scare any animals.

HIGHLIGHTS:

The GardePro A3 trail cam is engineered to resolve bad experience on night vision such as over-exposure and under-exposure (dark) issue on the conventional trail cameras. This camera is equipped with a ultra-clear SONY Starvis CMOS sensor, large aperture lens, smart imaging to produce clear night vision. It also features fast motion detection and no glow invisible infrared technology, which is perfect for outdoor wildlife trail and home security, stealth and won’t scare any animals.

HIGHLIGHTS:

Crisp clear 20MP picture
Fast 0.1s trigger speed

JUST AN FYI...
The GardePro E6 and the E8 models are more geared towards home/building security purposes than for trailcam use.
Excellent review your the reason I bought my first one when you had a post on the I spring best advice I ever got on here

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
BigWoods Bob asked..

HIGHLIGHTS:

HIGHLIGHTS:

Crisp clear 20MP picture
Fast 0.1s trigger speed

JUST AN FYI...
X2 on the excellent review. I have 6 of the A3's and am very happy with them. Doing pics not video, long battery life with regular AA.

·
Registered
219 Posts
BigWoods Bob asked..

HIGHLIGHTS:

HIGHLIGHTS:

Crisp clear 20MP picture
Fast 0.1s trigger speed

JUST AN FYI...
Don I bought two after talking with you,They are great.

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
The only place you can buy them is on Amazon and the price varies from time to time.
Usually around $69.00 and that’s a great price for what you are getting, you won’t do better for under $500.00 imo for a non-cellular blackflash trail camera.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
I have the e-6 model. You connect to it by Wi-Fi, however, you have to be within 10' of the thing to connect.
Mine eats batteries like crazy. I now have it plugged in to the outside plug on the porch.

I would stronly suggest that you use a solar panel to keep it charged if leaving it out for that long.

Same model I had and same issue. Looks like next one or 2 will be the 5s

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The only place you can buy them is on Amazon and the price varies from time to time.
Usually around $69.00 and that’s a great price for what you are getting, you won’t do better for under $500.00 imo for a non-cellular blackflash trail camera.
I just checked, and currently, they seem to be going for around $90-$100 on Amazon. I'll just keep watching and see if the price goes back down.

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
I just checked, and currently, they seem to be going for around $90-$100 on Amazon. I'll just keep watching and see if the price goes back down.

Thats their Black Friday 'Special Pricing' lol. Yesterday they were $69.99 or so when I checked, check back in a week or so....seriously.

·
Registered
6,963 Posts
Thanks for the feedback! Anyone know the difference between the E5 and the A3?

If you have Amazon Prime there is a black Friday sale right now on the better of the 2, the E5 for $55 regular 90. Scroll to the bottom of the ad and look at the chart comparing the different models for additional details/comparison. If I were you, I would take my advice and get some now.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Also thanking everyone for the feedback and mbrewer for the discount tip. I just ordered two. I really like using video mode and only my Brownings seem to produce good videos for me. Really looking forward to checking these out!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts