Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really getting sick of picking up after people on the ice. Everytime i go out, i fill my jet sled up with everyone elses trash they leave out on the ice or on shore. 3 days ago i noticed a truck at the first yellow gate that had a trailer, one of the tires was flat and half way off the rim. 2 days ago i went out fishing, and while off loading my gear i see the same tire and rim, thrown off in the grass covered in snow, the same tire and rim that was on that trailer. Dont worry, i picked up your trash and ill be the one to pay and have it disposed of.

Attachments

· Premium Member
13,464 Posts
Im really getting sick of picking up after people on the ice. Everytime i go out, i fill my jet sled up with everyone elses trash they leave out on the ice or on shore. 3 days ago i noticed a truck at the first yellow gate that had a trailer, one of the tires was flat and half way off the rim. 2 days ago i went out fishing, and while off loading my gear i see the same tire and rim, thrown off in the grass covered in snow, the same tire and rim that was on that trailer. Dont worry, i picked up your trash and ill be the one to pay and have it disposed of.
Yes, it’s ridiculous that slobs trash places and people like you and others end up cleaning up after them.
My wife and I always carry trash bags in our vehicle to pick up any trash we come across as we fish and enjoy the outdoors.
I will always remain baffled by a person that has an interest in fishing or hunting or the outdoors in general, and can leave even a scrap of litter or trash a place.
For me , and I would think (wrong apparently) that anyone who enjoys outdoor pursuits would automatically have a great appreciation and RESPECT for nature.
How is it possible to like fishing, and trash the very place you are supposedly enjoying?
That’s no sportsman, it’s just a damn slob who happens to fish.
I’m all for a DNR Officer or any law enforcement officer and the courts slam dunking a violator like that.
Maximum fines and community service picking up trash.
Personally, I’d like to throat punch them but I’m not willing to go to jail for a slob.
You are a good man for picking up after them, as are the rest of true sportsmen who do the same thing even though it’s irritating.
Thanks to all that do.

· Registered
7,091 Posts
Beer cans down here, or even beer bottles frozen in the ice. I picked up a bottles off a lake a few yrs back. There happened to be a party store next to the parking lot where I parked. So I stopped in and asked the owner if she sold a lot of bottles to ice fishermen. She said ,yes. I told I just picked up 4 & there where 2 more froze in the ice. She made a store policy of not selling glass bottles to anyone in ice gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.