Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 13 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I put this thread up to talk about the games and players as the season goes along instead of starting new threads every game.
They are playing Columbus tonight, should be a good test, Columbus is a legit contender this year.
LGRW's.

·
Registered
10,798 Posts
Squeaked one out last night.

When they signed Bobby Ryan I was hoping he might be able to kick start his career, which hasn’t gone very well considering he was the number two overall draft pick behind Sidney Crosby.
So far 4 goals in three games played, a new Wings record and hopefully continues and he can help Zadina get established as a significant part of the Wings.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Overall the team looked a lot better last night, good positioning, kept Columbus bottled up in the neutral zone. And didn't loose there cool once they were scored on. Best power play killing i've seen from them in 4 years.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they can restart the old rivalry with the Hawks tonight, too bad we can't go to the games. The Hawks are missing Towes, which shuts down there one two punch.
LGRW!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure glad Mantha is playing for the Hawks Jesus that guy needs a wake-up call.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lets see if Dallas walks tonight for the sweep or the Wings start moving their feet a little more.

LGRW!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Going to be a llllooooooonnggg season if they keep playing like that. Still playing Babcock/Blashell dump and hope hockey.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts
It is hard to watch the wings play right now. Last in PK in the league. 20th in PP. The dump and hope hockey that you alluded to is so boring to watch. I hope the NHL goes to Olympic sized rinks. The guys today are just so much bigger and faster than yesteryear that it really slows down any action between the blue lines, even without the two line pass. Smaller goalie pads, bigger rinks equals more action. The NHL in general is getting hard to watch, let alone when your team sucks big time. At least let us see some action!

Reactions: Lever4ever

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hate to say it, but I will anyway, the wings management continues to pick up the smaller no crash european style players that just can't compete in front of the net or opposing teams corners with them big canadian boys. Stevey has a lot of work to do getting this team back to being elite. Unfortunately most of the rinks would have to go through changes that wouldn't be affordable for the team owners to go Olympic size. Think of places like Madison Square Gardens that just would not be able to restructure the building/seating, been there it's actually small. Chicago, Montreal no way, most of the out west rinks yes/maybe. Anyway, I'm enjoying watching Bert and Rasmussen play, they are both stepping up.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And dipstick sends Rasmussen down to GR, wtf!! There getting down on their own selves, jesus Blashill needs to be sent to sit with Babcock.

1 - 13 of 12 Posts