Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back through alot of previous threads, and didn't see anyone's opinion on the flash of the camera, "busting the deer" outta there or if the deer ever come back after that "flash" to the face? I KNOW this has probably been hashed and re-hashsed a thousand times, I musta missed it and I can't find any previous threads. Thanks'

·
Registered
518 Posts
william,

I thought the same thing when i first went out and bought a camera. However I have noticed that I get more than 1 picture of the same deer very often. Even the mature bucks havn't spooked due to the flash. I have even had some pictures where the deer are right next to the camera more than likely smelling it to try to figure out what the flash was. However to answer your question, I would say no I don't think the flash scares the deer away. It may startle them for a second but not scare them away.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I have also gotten multiple pics of the same mature buck on different occasions. I do not believe this spooks them at all. I don't think they have a clue what it is.

Dan

·
Registered
6 Posts
WHB,

I have numerous pictures and seen more that show the flash does not scare and may even spark interest. It's amazing how some deer seem to pose for the pictures!

Good luck, if you want to make your own go on over to:

Jesses Hunting Page

Good Luck

MIB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts