Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
The ice on the bay is going to be wrecked....
It's not the first time a gale force wind has came through during the winter. The ice will be fine. Cracks down by linwood may have some water around them but that's it. Anyone going out of linwood right now with the way the ice is anyways is nuts.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
It's not the first time a gale force wind has came through during the winter. The ice will be fine. Cracks down by linwood may have some water around them but that's it. Anyone going out of linwood right now with the way the ice is anyways is nuts.
Na...just less company this year!

·
Premium Member
29,582 Posts
Wow. Potential for 19' waves. Wonder how far that wave could travel. Through, under over the ice?
:lol: Says max expected of 13', and that's out in the middle of big lake. A NW wind across the bay has not much water out there to build big waves, especially with the ice cover. It will though do some damage. Won't wreck it at all. Will still be fishable in many places off the eastside like it has been. Just have to be careful and see what changed, and detour accordingly:D

·
Registered
6,331 Posts
The ice on the bay is going to be wrecked....
I've seen a hell of a lot worse than they are predicting, ice should be fine. When it warms up in the spring, that's when its more likely to blow apart. The ice is a foot thick out there now, makes it harder to move also. I'll be catching fish tommorow.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I've seen a hell of a lot worse than they are predicting, ice should be fine. When it warms up in the spring, that's when its more likely to blow apart. The ice is a foot thick out there now, makes it harder to move also. I'll be catching fish tommorow.
Save a few for me!

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
:lol: Says max expected of 13', and that's out in the middle of big lake. A NW wind across the bay has not much water out there to build big waves, especially with the ice cover. It will though do some damage. Won't wreck it at all. Will still be fishable in many places off the eastside like it has been. Just have to be careful and see what changed, and detour accordingly:D
Hoping east side would be fine to get out to our last spot.2.6 miles
..if not its perchin for me!.

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
Me too
Gator on🎣

1 - 20 of 26 Posts