Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

G.R. boat show vs Novi boat show

877 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  DecoySlayer
Planning on possibly hitting one or the other this weekend. I'm about equal distance from each so that has no bearing on which I go to. I'd like to look at some 16-18' fishing type boats. I'd also like it if there was fishing equipment there as well. Which show would more meet what I'm looking for?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I have never been to either but I have heard stories of great deals at novi. It is the last show for alot of south east michigan dealers. After hauling boats to 3 shows they are looking to get rid of some of the models. This is All hearsay but I have heard it from a couple people. Sounded like a great theory.

If you are going just to look the last show might not be the best option.
No, not looking to buy right now. Mostly looking at different brands and layouts for 4-6 years down the road.
Th GR boat show was last month. I think the show now is more of an outfitter show. It will have some fishing boats and pontoons but not the entire floor like in February
You are correct! Thanks for the heads up!!
Lol

Really
No, not looking to buy right now. Mostly looking at different brands and layouts for 4-6 years down the road.
Wow, you have way more patience than me... The layout of my 2015 has already changed substantially enough to where it would influence my decision to buy that model today. The more you look, the more you'll find more similarities between the brands. One companies good idea is another's next year's model.
I went to the GR show last year. They had a good amount of boats. Best mix of tackle, equipment and boats of any show I have been to especially if you are looking for big lake items.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Actually the outdoor show that is on now has a lot more fishing boats than the boat show. I have been to a boat show in the past and it was mostly large cruiser type boats that cost more than my house.
Th GR boat show was last month. I think the show now is more of an outfitter show. It will have some fishing boats and pontoons but not the entire floor like in February
Yeah really. I have a 16' console steer that works great right now. Gets tight with 6 people and MIGHT upgrade someday. Better than an impulse buy that I will regret. More of a want than a need. Hope that makes more sense.
Lol

Really
6 would be tight in my 21'. I never fished more than 3 with my 16'.
Most of the time its my wife and i bit when both of my grown kids go and their significant others, I'm not gonna say no. It works and nobody tangled or caught eachother.
6 in my 16' may have been overweight for the hull.
Most of the time its my wife and i bit when both of my grown kids go and their significant others, I'm not gonna say no. It works and nobody tangled or caught eachother.
Reactions: Jim58
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.