Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my fur on thursday to Groenewolds the prices were not that good. All the fur i sold was put up. I sold 37 muskrat, 15 coon, 2 opossum , here are the price ranges.

Coons 1$ - 15$
Muskrat= $ .75 - 4$
Opossum= 1.5$

My buddy sold some coyote for 10-15 dollors, some mink for 6-14 dollers. His total furs were 117 muskrat, 119 coon, 11 mink, 3 coyotes. He did sell one coon for 25 dollors.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Gunner,

I don't know ditchrats averages, but I can make a pretty good guess. I'm willing to bet his averages were $6.50-$7 on put up coon, $2.50 on his rats.

Ditchrat,

If you are putting up your fur please consider one of our state fur auctions. I will gaurantee they will beat Grony's averages on put up goods. From what I see of your prices you got shafted on your rats. Unless the put up wasn't that good, but if you did a descent job of handling your fur you should've done better.

Joe

·
Registered
32 Posts
man, i'd hate to see what a 75 cent muskrat looks like, but i doubt it was the quality of the fur handling that brought the low price. anything under $3 dollars for a rat i would have declined selling them. and $1 for a coon? it must have been bald for it to go for less than a possum!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had 25rats at 4 dollors 4 at .75 and 8 at 2.5. A .75 rat is a very small rat that should have not been put up. A 1 dollor coon is a small blue coon. They all had nice fur on them, but there is no market for coons this year. Groenewold said that the market is going to get worse through out the year. Russa and china are not buying much fur because they are broke like us.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
I had 25rats at 4 dollors 4 at .75 and 8 at 2.5. A .75 rat is a very small rat that should have not been put up. A 1 dollor coon is a small blue coon. They all had nice fur on them, but there is no market for coons this year. Groenewold said that the market is going to get worse through out the year. Russa and china are not buying much fur because they are broke like us.
actually groeny is using that excuse to take advantage of people. no one really knows what kind of market there is till the first major fur sale next weekend. with things freezing up so soon across the areas catches will be down and could bring prices up.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Has anyone heard what Groenys is paying for beaver?[/quote

Interested in any information about the beaver market also.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
yes the first state auction is at jays on dec 20th. the auction that will give insight on the current market will be this upcoming weekend at kopenhagen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts