Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a reminder that a fur auction is scheduled for Saturday (12/19) at Jay's in Clare. This is a joint sale between the MTPCA and MMIT. Lot numbers will be available at the auction and membership in one of the two organizations is required. (You can sign up there.)

Just think... You can sell your fur, and Jay's will accept the checks so you can do your Christmas Shopping all at once. It doesn't get any better than that!

An MTPCA Board meeting will follow the Sale.

Hope to see you there!

John

·
Registered
103 Posts
john have you heard about how many lot numbers so far? it is a good idea for jays to get more business to take the cks from the trappers if they buy things in the store...

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
That's right! My grandkids sold their season catch of muskrats today at Jay's. Their best brought $6.80!!! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys,
Anyone up at Jays today for the fur sale. Wondering what prices were averaging for rats, coons, and fox. Could'nt make it but planning on attending Ravenna

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
RATS avg $6.21 (top lot $8.05) Raccoon avg 7.93 (16.00 top)Fox red avg. 10.92 (top 16.00) All I can say is WOW on the rats!!!Saw 1 lot of 134 rats go for $4.90,in the ROUND.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Thanks for the report. Lets all hope the rat prices hold for Ottisville.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the averages snareman, should of trapped more rats i guess. Thats about what I expected, heard talk of a $8 rat this year.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Does anyone have a complete breakdown including #'s sold, highs and lows. Also several critters that I have'nt heard reports about yet like Beavers, weasels, grinners coyotes and squirrels.;)

Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
BEAVER,39 put-up $28.00 high,$3.50 low COYOTE put-up 23 sold ,high $16.00 low $5.00

1 - 17 of 17 Posts