Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was playing with the dog and it got me thinking how many nicknames Ive given him(he must have 20).

I want to hear some of the best nicknames youve got and how you, or others, got them.

My favorites.
Person - guy I worked with briefly missing pointer and half of middle finger on right hand liked to be called "Quick Draw"

My dog Rufus - "Burr Dick" after he apparently got a little amorous with a bush full of burrs. 45 min of careful combing

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
My grandfather’s real name was Enoch but he always went by Shorty. He said he was 5’5” but I think that was in his work boots.

I have a buddy that has more nicknames than anyone I’ve ever met. Punk azz, hoss, honkus, Brock’ed your waders (Tippy dam stair issue), craw daddy, and many others which can’t be posted.

·
Premium Member
13,455 Posts
Not a nickname, but when I was a kid in the 60’s, my dad worked with a guy by the last name of Beach.
He had three kids named Rocky, Sandy, and Shelley.
Also worked with a guy, last name Barr.
Named his daughter Candy.
It must have been a thing in the 60’s.

·
Premium Member
30,278 Posts
Not a nickname, but when I was a kid in the 60’s, my dad worked with a guy by the last name of Beach.
There is a journalist/pundit named Krystal Ball.

Reactions: zzcop302

·
proud to be a.......
8,876 Posts
I had a golden retriever that jumped out of the back of my truck driving down the road when he saw a squirrel. He skinned his gonads real bad and everybody started calling him ‘skid plate’.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
I had a golden retriever that jumped out of the back of my truck driving down the road when he saw a squirrel. He skinned his gonads real bad and everybody started calling him ‘skid plate’.
Years ago I took my Golden with me to my parents place in the Keys. He got playing in the water like Goldens do but got a nasty rash around his hoo hoo from the coral.
I took him to the vets and in walks this 5'2" blond haired, green eyed Goddess and she was the vet. She told me she was going to have to shave his ding ding but first she had to spray some stuff on it that would really sting so I needed to help the tech's hold him down.
She sprays him and the poor S.O.B. starts loosing it. Now I'm sure she did this to help with the stinging but she leaned over and starts blowing on it. I really tried to keep a straight face but just couldn't do it. Pretty soon I'm laughing my ass off and shortly the laughter spreads.
When I got back to my parents I walked up the drive and handed the leash to my Mom. She asked where I was going and I told her to go play in the coral.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Have no idea why a parent would do this to a kid. Their last name was "Doody", they named their kid "Howdy". Unbelievable.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Mayhem. He was introduced to me by that name but just like the guy in the commercial, no matter what he did, somewhere along the line something went wrong and usually it was his own fault. Common sense was not his forte. FM

·
Registered
26,516 Posts
Have no idea why a parent would do this to a kid. Their last name was "Doody", they named their kid "Howdy". Unbelievable.
I went to grade school with Richard Face

My Aunt Rosie married a guy by the name of Dan Cherry. They were gonna name their boy "Willie Buster" but they only had girls

A salesman used to call on us by the name of Peter Piper

A guy that lived down the road from us, everyone called him Paddlefart. It was 5 years before I knew his name was Dave

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I know an entire family near where I live that if anyone refers to them by their given name, nobody knows who the heck they are talking about. But, if you say Bullett, Puss, Burly, Berretta (like the old TV show Berretta)... everyone knew who you were talking about!

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I went to grade school wit
A guy that lived down the road from us, everyone called him Paddlefart. It was 5 years before I knew his name was Dave
Paddlefart? Hahaha My curiosity wants to know how he got that name but I kinda think I dont want to actually know the answer.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts