Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love all the billboards out there; "Back from the Brink", "Land to Roam", "Species Management" all "funded by hunting license fees, not taxes." It's about time that the public gets educated on how we as hunters have been footing the bill for habitat and the game they see and enjoy. I get so sick of seeing bird watchers and kayakers give me the evil eye because I am wearing camo. They should be thanking me for allowing them to use the areas that are funded by all our hunting license fees, not to mention the taxes from the Pittman Robertson Act (excise tax on guns/ammo) and the Dingell Johnson Sportfish Restoration Act (excise tax on sportfishing/boating).

Great idea to put up these billboards, hope it helps to change the public's perception of hunters and educates them on who really are the biggest conservationists (us).

·
Registered
277 Posts
There should be signs at all trail heads, boat launches, and park/ rec. area entrances as well. I honestly believe that most of the general public has no idea that this is how wildlife and conservation are funded. People will continue to be hateful and ignorant until we educate them...this is a good start, but there is still a lot more that can be done.

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
There's a great sign in SD reads If Your Against Guns, Hunting, Fishing Trapping Please Leave Our State

·
Registered
remington - turkey, grouse, woodcock, duck, goose, deer (and pheasant if any exist)
1,028 Posts
while watching a hockey game broadcast by the colorado station, i was amazed to see a lengthy commercial that talked about the multi-use acreage and wildlife populations (non-hunted and hunted species) available for all to enjoy, repeating a message that it is all made possible by funds from hunting and fishing licenses.
it blew me away to see us finally, and clearly, getting credit
at least in colorado
wishing the same would be true here
have tried to find that commercial, to no avail
if someone finds it, please post
ty

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
while watching a hockey game broadcast by the colorado station, i was amazed to see a lengthy commercial that talked about the multi-use acreage and wildlife populations (non-hunted and hunted species) available for all to enjoy, repeating a message that it is all made possible by funds from hunting and fishing licenses.
it blew me away to see us finally, and clearly, getting credit
at least in colorado
wishing the same would be true here
have tried to find that commercial, to no avail
if someone finds it, please post
ty
Hey I came by last weekend with a 12 of The Champagne, but you weren't around. Let me know when you're back.

·
Registered
remington - turkey, grouse, woodcock, duck, goose, deer (and pheasant if any exist)
1,028 Posts
Hey I came by last weekend with a 12 of The Champagne, but you weren't around. Let me know when you're back.
Daughter got married in gaylord Saturday
Their friend drives a Miller truck, so i had an ample supply of 50 ouncers!

Returning sunday dinnertime for a week of 2 remodeling projects

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Michigan Out of Doors magazine that just came out (Fall) has a great article about this; page 50

1 - 8 of 8 Posts