Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
31,087 Posts

Pulled this pic off of our sister site in Ohio. The poster is Yeley and he has documented alot of great bucks.
As soon as I saw this buck I guessed at least 5.5 yo. Although it's tough to age accurately at this time of year there are things about this buck that brought me to my conclusion.
Check out those massive shoulders.
Fully developed hind quarters with alot of muscle definition.
Staring to get the tell tale sway in the back.
Deep flank with lots of guts.
This buck is spectacular and a dream buck to be able to pursue, IMHO.;)
Check out the mass and the drop.:yikes:

Big T

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thats a dang big deer right there.

Michigan could have a lot of them big guys runnen around with a few changes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wait until i tell you guys that deer is from the 3 worst county for trophy deer in ohio. Having only around 12 over 140 since 1958.... where counties like licking have 400. Just think what southern MI could produce.... but hey i'll take the 20 does to one six point anyday...:rant:

·
Premium Member
31,087 Posts

This is the same buck just 8 months earlier, according to Yeley.
Now when I look at this pic I see that his neck doesn't blend real well with his shoulders which may lead me to believe he's 3.5 in this pic, could be camera angle or it could be that it's Jan. and he's a tad lite from the rut.
dis agin on da hoof game ken be confusin sum tam.:dizzy:

Big T

·
Premium Member
31,087 Posts
Wait until i tell you guys that deer is from the 3 worst county for trophy deer in ohio.
Wonder if there isn't something else in play here like maybe...short and later gun seasons or maybe that ultra ristrictive OBR thing.

Big T

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Whatever the case may be,thats one hoss of a buck!!!far and few between here in Michigan!!oh.there are some roaming around though!!!:D

·
Premium Member
7,878 Posts
If thats what they looked like in 2005 no doubt they've been a shooter for someone. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts