Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
Discussion starter · #23 ·
My name is Will Wawra with my wife Jodi and grandson Parker
Sorry I slaughtered your moniker! As you probably noticed I am getting a little older and my hearing seems to be going along with everything else!:lol: Now that you mention it I remember your wife calling him "Parker" but for some reason I heard Patterson which I don't think I have ever heard anybody called that.:bonk: It was nice meeting you folks and again thank you for your assistance. Without it I doubt that my brother would have touched the fish!:chicken: He has caught big ones before and just cut the line.:lol: It sure was a nice day to be on the river, if only the gators would have cooperated it would have been wonderful.:woohoo1: Better than setting home though. Hope to see you again.
Bob

Great, I did talk to Will today and he sent those pics to show you all had a good time. Now that is what it is all about. His grandson is still talking about it. Thanks for sharing your experience with total strangers.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Great, I did talk to Will today and he sent those pics to show you all had a good time. Now that is what it is all about. His grandson is still talking about it. Thanks for sharing your experience with total strangers.
It was my pleasure. I enjoy talking about Will and family because of how nice they were. Sometimes we don't hear about the good people out there and we need to talk about them as much or more than we do about the yahoos that drive us nuts. :smile-mad It is a total pleasure to share the experience we had.:grouphug: I don't remember exactly what his grandson said but it was cute on how he enjoyed watching the big fish.:fish2:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Deerslayer I have some more pics I will post when I get my wife's phone......she took quite a few of you and your brother with the fish.
I would really appreciate that and thank you.:)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
More pics for you Bob.......see u on the waters and thanks for all the kind words.
It is funny. That was what I remembered the most. Not being able to get it totally out of the water to get a weight.:confused: Had one heck of a time getting it out of the net and into the boat. But we finally overcame and then threw it back.:coco: Thanks for the pictures Will.:yeahthat:

Anyone try fishing for them on purpose? Was wondering if you could catch a bunch of you anchored up and threw out some cut bait or liver on a three way. Would be a good way to get my brother into fishing if he could catch a few of this monsters

Flathead's like Live Bait, chubs, shiners, gobies, rock bass, etc! If you have any cut bait left from Salmon fishing I'm sure that would work on both channels and flats.

Discussion starter · #35 ·
Flathead's like Live Bait, chubs, shiners, gobies, rock bass, etc! If you have any cut bait left from Salmon fishing I'm sure that would work on both channels and flats.
Can you give me a clue on how to keep them off of my plastics?:protest_e:Modified_:help:

Prime example of why I won't post on here again. I've caught more Flatheads in the Saginaw than most have caught 'Eyeballs. If that's a 40, I've caught a handful over 50.
Eye am left to wonder now that eye have seen your remark you kinda sound like another clown from the other site that thinks he is the only guy that ever fished the area after he personally built the saginaw bay and surrounding great lakes and it's tributary's (ring a bell anyone )so my suggestion to you is don't bother posting anymore of your past bull******** course this is just my opinion:hide::hide:
yours truly
Banned Ex member Saginaw Bay Area

Eye You know you can never get a post up without the internet banshees giving their thoughts on it lol

One heck of a nice flat to the op what a awesome fish!!! Do any of you guys ever try live gills and strictly target these flats up there? I know on the maumee 30# ers can be common when using live gills, bigger the gill the better. If I lived closer I'd pry give it a try, what a fight a fish of that size has to put up wow!! Congrats to the angler

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.