Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized that I left about 8 gallons of glyphosate/water mixture in my tank sprayer, and it's now an ice cube. I'll take the tank down into the basement to thaw (if I can carry it). My question is; will the solution still be good to use next summer?

Thanks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
This happens to me every year and I take it in the basement leave it till spring and then use it and I have had no problems.

Rob

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Glyphosate has a very long half life, which means it stays active in your spray mix for a very long time. Under the right conditions even years. Glyphosate however has a very high attraction to the minerals in the soil as well as hard water. This is what ties up the glyphosate and makes it not work. If you added AMS or used soft water you shouldn't have a problem. Hopefully your tank and hoses didn't split.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Letmgro said:
I just realized that I left about 8 gallons of glyphosate/water mixture in my tank sprayer, and it's now an ice cube. I'll take the tank down into the basement to thaw (if I can carry it). My question is; will the solution still be good to use next summer? Thanks!
Dump the mix, it will react to any impurities in the water over these many months. You should be much more worried about the pump, fittings, pressure gage, ect. 41% Glyphosate is less than $7/qt, your pump could be $80.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts