Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
681 - 700 of 753 Posts

·
45,092 Posts
Just wanted to make sure we weren’t putting an age restriction on having a valid opinion or implying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
No age restriction or hell, MS post restriction which is hilarious in it self. For someone, ANYONE, to believe that a compound is somehow equal to traditional archery (especially modern equipment) then argue against crossbows and/or air bows just tells of resistance to change without justifiable cause.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
This to me is a huge deal. Have a fps limit. 50 yds is even good. (40 better) Starting to bend, real rainbows after that. A lot of bickering would quiet down. jmo
If anyone remembers, it's how crossbows were first allowed, 350 fps limit. The limit only lasted a year or two as I recall. It definitely quieted the crowds though. Now most of them use one with no limits, lol.

·
45,092 Posts
Is this a more than likely vs is thing again?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Damn, I almost forgot you struggled with that.

No its not the same. I'm only pointing out its neither a gun or a bow. So your assertion that it is actually a gun is not true. I understand that you are clinging to the word archery because that's what the season is currently called but that's a weak argument considering the way things change. Especially definitions like these when it comes to laws. For example air guns used to be called firearms. They are no longer included in the definition of firearms per the state. Things change.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Won’t be long until Michigan’s deer regulations are as liberal as the Southeast states like pathetic GA, AL, MS, LA & TN 3 month rifle seasons. They don’t just have BAD management. They have NO management. It’s why all I see is plates from these states in our Illinois public lots all November. I live 15 minutes from the Michigan state line and would not dream of wasting even one day of the rut there. 😂

I feel sympathetic to legitimate MI deer hunters who dream of a well managed herd. A shame because it has so much potential and could be so good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If state’s DNR’s were allowed to manage the game, rather than corrupt politician wannabe managers, none of this BS would be an issue. What a joke.

Won’t be long until Michigan’s deer regulations are as liberal as the Southeast states like pathetic GA, AL, MS, LA & TN 3 month rifle seasons. They don’t just have BAD management. They have NO management. It’s why all I see is plates from these states in our Illinois public lots all November. I live 15 minutes from the MI state line and would not dream of wasting even one day of the rut there.

I live / have lived in and hunt FL, Ga, Al, Ms, and Tn. I have shot and seen WAY MORE DEER AND BUCKS, THAN I EVER SAW IN MY TEN YEARS OF MI HUNTING.
Hell of a lot better hunting than Mi. Just my opinion.
And I don't need managing. Hunting in my eyes is a right, not a privilege.
Glasses Cartoon Font Screenshot Rectangle

681 - 700 of 753 Posts