Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 843 Posts

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not sure how many are aware of this but its coming. Sad actually what archery had been morphed into just to make it easier.
🚨Attention MTB Members🚨
This Wednesday March 16th @ 8:30 a.m. HB 4080 will be presented before the Senate Committee of Natural Resources. This bill would allow “pneumatic air guns” during certain parts of the season, including archery. We are sending 2 representatives of our club, if you have the ability to attend we ask that you go and show our numbers. The address is as follows: Room 1300, Binsfeld Office Building, 201 Townsend Street Lansing, MI 48933. If you can make it and show that we do not agree with this please do. If you can’t make it call your local state representative and explain why it’s not needed. Thank you for all your support.

#traditionalbow #traditionalbowhunting #traditionalbowhunter #traditionalbowhunters #traditionalbowhuntermagazine #traditionalbowhunting #ihuntclose #getcloser #tradonly #traditionalonly #comptontraditionalbowhunters #pbs #jamboree #3darcheryexperience #3dshooting #ihuntclose #ihunt #bowhunter #bowhunting #bowhuntingmichigan #bowhuntinglife #strugglebus #strugglestick

·
Registered
12,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We have some news regarding HB 4080. Although the bill passed amendments were made as a direct result of our member’s testimonies, calling people, and emails. The three amendments are as follows.
1.) Arrows can only be fired.
2.) Only 10 licenses can be given out.
3.) This will sunset after 4 seasons.

We want to thank all our members and people who have stood along side us. We will continue to update you all as things proceed. Please reach out if you have any questions.

ETA: HB4080 will now go to the Senate for a vote. If approved it would have to go back to the House for approval, due to the amendments added, before going to the Governors desk.

#traditionalbow #traditionalbowhunting #traditionalbowhunter #traditionalbowhunters #traditionalbowhuntermagazine #traditionalbowhunting #ihuntclose #getcloser #tradonly #traditionalonly #comptontraditionalbowhunters #pbs #jamboree #3darcheryexperience #3dshooting #ihuntclose #ihunt #bowhunter #bowhunting #bowhuntingmichigan #bowhuntinglife #strugglebus #strugglestick

·
Premium Member
4,022 Posts
Pretty simple if you don't want to use one dont. Why does it matter what someone else is doing unless you need to compare yourself to them? Must be strictly public land hunters who are outraged otherwise why does it matter if you have your own spot. Not like they are going to be taking deer 150-200 yards away or anything comparable to the range of a gun.

·
45,143 Posts
Pretty simple if you don't want to use one dont. Why does it matter what someone else is doing unless you need to compare yourself to them? Must be strictly public land hunters who are outraged otherwise why does it matter if you have your own spot. Not like they are going to be taking deer 150-200 yards away or anything comparable to the range of a gun.
Yeah they're pretty much like shooting a higher end crossbow. Would be nice not to worry about a string breaking in your face. Not sure I'd buy one if they were legal, but I'd probably take a long look at it.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Why not include air rifles and flintlock muzzleloaders to the bill?

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
Its almost like people opposed to crossbows had the foresight to know general crossbow legalization would lead to crap like this. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
crossbows didn't start this, i killed a few the traditional way, when kiling a deer with a bow ment something, i remember old kenny at bear archery in grand rapids saying these new compound bows r going to open the door to easier deer kills, so if any of ya r looking to get a air bow, save your money, i hear their coming out with the repeater bow, with a 7 arrow clip

1 - 20 of 843 Posts