Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried a first quick trip with pops yesterday evening casting jigs tipped with crawlers. Tried Metro, Ginos, Spillway area with not a tap. Saw a couple boats trolling and a dozen or so bassing. Saw 0 fish caught. Probably should have played in his canal. Every dock post had a few bass lined up in the shade.
Water Wood Fluid Branch Lake

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were loaded in that stretch yesterday.???
??? Not sure what you mean.
The largemouth were in the canal. Most of the boats observed were bass casting I assume. Only a couple trollers.
Neighbor of my dad's did the same program but trolling yesterday with not one hit.
My lilacs are blooming fwiw.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Titch early imo jumbojosh and I managed 4 afterwork Thursday.ran harness with no hits sr5 shad rapps in shad color took are fash;) I think next big rain and warm up shall do it and eye agree need dat muddy water:) walleyefever
Way to go!
Going to give it a shot tomorrow. Rain was spotty here; maybe will bring a change.
They don't seem to hang around long like they used to in that area.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I fished all day yesterday for bass. I probably caught about 25 throwing a jerkbait and swimbait. My Lowrance Active Target was absolutely essential for finding schools of fish and really getting them fired up. Without it, it would have been a tough day. I went in the canals and saw some hogs sitting on the dock posts but they had lock jaw. Smaller largies were cooperative though. I also managed to get two walleye on a swimbait so that was a nice little bonus.

I went back out again this morning and it was brutal Fished 6-1130. Only caught a few bass plus a catfish, sheephead, and pike. The fish were everywhere on my Active Target and would approach my lure several times, but would not bite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts