Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a awesome time at Franks tonight! i met up with Anish who brought me 3 glassed in display cases for the antique lures! thanjk you so much when your in need there is always a ms member that steps up to help! We had a great time talking about hmmm:help: oh yeah all about fishing! Lisa thank you so much for staying till 7 pm and from coming all the way from west branch! i was glad she was there because as luck would have it DEAFBUCK came in and they did some talking sign language style was great to see! i had 2 notepads he wrote on one and i replied to him back with the other pad! we had a great time i hope you and your friend enjoyed it! i know the guys working at franks were there to help you out! so glad you cam e was nice to meet you in person! a large turnout many interested in the history of old Russian beaded spoons! I talked not only about my lures but also showed the differences and different styles of lures just to name a few McGathy slab grabbers, Kens, Diamond Willows, Jacks and Marks Custom lures and Guster spoons each and everyone has a place in the ice fishing from deep water to shallow water and in between i gave what information i knew about each lure as i have fished with each one and know how they work and what jigging motion attracts and triggers fish! all that matters to me is that they are MADE IN MICHIGAN how can you go wrong! and having the people and the owner of franks stand behind their products is second to none! they know the products because they use the products they sell so you hear it first hand their opinion and in what situation to use them in! :bowdown: :bowdown: Rich pics to follow!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thank you Myke and your family for letting Lisa (ANISH) come and help me set up and watch over the table and sharing stories of her fly tying, an raising birds and about your family! You have yourself a keeper! :):) maybe hopefully get you going and just maybe go to the walleye for wariors walleye tournament on fathers day! sure would love to see you fish in the tournament and meet you in person! will have details sent in a few days!
RICH

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Nice display you had there Rich, nice see you again, and Lisa too. Might be back up on sunday, not sure. Try to avoid there unless I absolutely need something, otherwise I leave with all kinds of stuff:lol: Like going to the grocery store hungry:p Nice to hear D.B. made it down, wish I could have met him. Will at one of the outings I'm sure:)

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
SHADCICLES!!! NO WAY!!! :yikes: :woohoo1: :lol::lol:

I had a good time! It was nice meeting Rich and seeing Ralph again. Glad to see DB made it up. It's always really nice to meet new MS members!! :D
Thanks for letting me hang out at your table! Kinda nice to get out and talk fishing! I think I may have even made some new crayfish trapping converts too... :16suspect :lol:

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
My buddies and I were up there today, didnt win anything but was cool they gave the free pocket knife and 5 franks bucks out. Walked out with 2 free do-jiggers...

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
actusally those are made from birch, willow and hickory trees! i did see some from bamboo but they were very brittle and i didn't risk bringing them to the show they were in a persons glass case which they do not open much! there was even one from a maple and chestnut tree but i couldn't get them to let me take them! the handles are from corn husks or from cat tail leaves! i was tld they used the corh husk as a kind of filling then put the cat tail leaves over it like a cushion felt like a sponge rubber you could hold it in your bare hand because the cat tail actually kept you hands warm! i am still researching this sport have a lot to do and look and up and see the people or historical society about them!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hi Rich ... Good to meeting you and Lisa.... We had a good chatted and ur experience about the ice fishing too ... And I wish meeting more people from MS... but Am sure we will meeting somewhere on Bay ....

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Hey Rich, if DB is interested in meeting more folks from MS, you should tell him about Walleye for Warriors.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Deaf buck are you a veteran? i ask this because Anish (lisa) suggested walleyes for warriors! if you are a veteran we take you out on a full day of walleye fishing on saginaw bay! you need to only bring yourself and a rain suit! they supply all the food and after when you are done Ralph Smith an the michigan sportsmen group clean ,bag and package your fish and put them in a cooler to take home with you! if you are a veteran an in need of a interpreter on the boat you are fishing in for sign language we can arrange all of that for you! remember Deafbuck WE ARE THERE FOR YOU! what was your first name ! the both of us got into writing down our conversations that we did not introduce ourselves my name is rich and i live in caseville and the woman you were signing with was Lisa she is from west branch! i was honored yes honored to have you come from your area to come up and see me and the members at Franks ! YOU MADE MY DAY! thank you

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the lakes you fish you use more of a finesse tactic then on most lakes! if you do i will make some special ones just to use on those lakes nothing like what i have in stores that you can use with spikes, waxies etc with a size smaller hook! my way of repaying you for setting up and putting up with me for 5 yes 5 long hours for you :lol: i had a nice enjoyable chat and it was good to have company that knew more about fishing then i do! may have to come up and fish some of those lakes up there like you said a mid winter outing would be great!

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
the lakes you fish you use more of a finesse tactic then on most lakes! if you do i will make some special ones just to use on those lakes nothing like what i have in stores that you can use with spikes, waxies etc with a size smaller hook! my way of repaying you for setting up and putting up with me for 5 yes 5 long hours for you :lol: i had a nice enjoyable chat and it was good to have company that knew more about fishing then i do! may have to come up and fish some of those lakes up there like you said a mid winter outing would be great!
Panfish outing!:D

·
Premium Member
29,844 Posts
Sounds good to me :D! I think we should try the Reedsburg impoundment.
Would be nice to have it somewhere that others have fished and can give info on potential bad ice areas of lake? And of course has some decent panfishing:D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Rich, wish I could have made it up to see your old equipment displays. Was stuck in Fort Wayne for work. The pics are great though. Thanks for sharing this with everyone! Dave.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
6,998 Posts
Would be nice to have it somewhere that others have fished and can give info on potential bad ice areas of lake? And of course has some decent panfishing:D

Guess that means I'm gonna have to get out and fish the heck out of that impoundment...;)
I KNOW there have got to be some nice fish in there.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts