Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on water about 7:15. 28' SE of 1&2. Trolling meat at 1.2-1.4. 2oz BB and inlines. Purple, chartreuse were best colors. Tried a down rod in our setup for the firsttime with 4oz BB (caught 3 of best fish) see pic. 1 of them actually in a jigging motion when winds died so I wouldn't be so bored.
Fish came in flurries. First 2 hours landed 10. Winds died and so did the bite. Motored to # from last year....winds picked up and bite was on again made 2nd big pass and landed 7 more in no time. So decide to pull lines, make pass #3 and winds shift and die and last hour not a bite.
Ended with 17 keepers 16-22"
Only 1 throwback at 14.5" and 3 sheepshead.
Called it a day at 11:30. Great day to be fishing. And never seen as many trucks and trailers at Sunset in past 6-7 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Good job!! It was a great day on the bay this morning for sure! Started a little chilly at 44 degrees but warmed up nicely!

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can see why down rods are run at front of the boat. But we made it work for first time. Had green magnum Tommy Harris spider blade on it

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
GJ on the fish. we prolly saw ya put there. :rolleyes: Lots of boats this morning in that area! Sunset is definitely popular this weekend!

Have a great 4th everyone! :cool: :fish :

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
GJ on the fish. we prolly saw ya put there. :rolleyes: Lots of boats this morning in that area! Sunset is definitely popular this weekend!

Have a great 4th everyone! :cool: :fish :
You gonna be up all weekend Kenny Im gonna be a traitor this weekend and head over to lbm be up tomm afternoon thru sunday evening shoot me a text if your gonna be out i will call ya on the radio

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got on water about 7:15. 28' SE of 1&2. Trolling meat at 1.2-1.4. 2oz BB and inlines. Purple, chartreuse were best colors. Tried a down rod in our setup for the firsttime with 4oz BB (caught 3 of best fish) see pic. 1 of them actually in a jigging motion when winds died so I wouldn't be so bored.
Fish came in flurries. First 2 hours landed 10. Winds died and so did the bite. Motored to # from last year....winds picked up and bite was on again made 2nd big pass and landed 7 more in no time. So decide to pull lines, make pass #3 and winds shift and die and last hour not a bite.
Ended with 17 keepers 16-22"
Only 1 throwback at 14.5" and 3 sheepshead.
Called it a day at 11:30. Great day to be fishing. And never seen as many trucks and trailers at Sunset in past 6-7 years.

Like the way your holders are numbered great idea especially when taking newbies out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts